Poll Ideas - Naughties Nuum

sadmanbarty

I’d be up for organising a naughties nuum style poll so long as there’s sufficient enthusiasm (at least 10 people willing to participate). So if you guys are interested post some ideas for a poll. Also if you see a poll idea that you’d be interested in participating in say so, so that I can gage if its worth doing.

Last edited:

droid

Top 100 90's nuum would be the obvious one (its been done maybe), followed by a mix - but I dread the prospect

sadmanbarty

I was being a silly goose and presumed there'd already been one.

If I get 8 more people saying they'll participate (presuming you're up for it droid) then I'll do it. Any other takers?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Was gonna say 90s nuum.

I wouldn't be able to contribute to a top (WHATEVER) grime singles of all time, but there are quite a few experts on here so it could be good. Also grime seems to galvanise dissensus somewhat. Could also do greatest grime riddims.

The idea of a poll of tunes that use the Amen break did cross my mind, but maybe that's altogether too niche? Would obviously mainly consist of jungle tunes, though, so easier to mix.

I'd like for somebody to do a list of the best 'this one's for the girls out there' tunes ever but for a bunch of middle aged men to do it would seem patronising and shit.

sadmanbarty

Seems like its not happening, but I'll give it a little longer. My vote is with a 90's nuum poll. Here are some other suggestions just in case:

Favourite jungle tracks

Favourite dance albums [comps not included]

Favourite dance albums [comps included]

Favourite dancehall tracks [maybe ever, maybe within a specified time range]

Favourite dance track of the 2010’s [deep tech, footwork, afrobeats, bop, etc.]

luka

probably be more inclined to compile best jungle list than anything else. not too broad not too narrow

droid

90s nuum is perhaps the most - useful. But not sure how youd do it TBH. Mine would be a bit of bleep, some early rave, a load of 93, and then jungle all the way with a sprinkling of garage classics at the end.

Not sure how Id handle all those anthems I cant stand anymore.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'll do it. I had a period of jungle obsession, though obviously I'm an amateur compared to many on here.

Would it be best to restrict to a certain time period? Maybe jungle was restricted to a time period anyway.

luka

you would have to make a special case for anything falling outside of that time frame

luka

doing the whole of the '90s seems too big a task to me. 93-95 jungle is manageable.