GENERIC NOSTALGIA TRIGGERS.

luka

Ruel Fox. Tony Daley. Operation Wolf. Outrun. Mark One clothing store. Mrbyrites clothing store. Dickie Dirts clothing store. Beaded Curtains in doorways. Girlie Calenders in the offices of tyre fitters. Double Dragon. Blue Thunder. Street Hawk. Coca-Cola mini football. Italia 90 logo. Ice poles. Rumbelows. Athena poster. Aqua Libra. The Pasty Italiano. Tony Dorigo. Jet from Gladiators. Madhouse discount clothing retailer on Oxford St. Panda Pops. Smoking B&H Gold in cafes while someone next to you is trying to eat their beans on toast. rolling a copy of The Star up and putting it in the back pocket of your jeans. Pirate DVD street trading. Jazz mags in bushes. Percy Ingles with moulded plastic seating. etc etc

Last edited:

luka

just casually walking down the street with a rolled up newspaper hanging out your back pocket whens the last time you saw that?

Last edited:

luka

Nick
‏ @typejunky
5h5 hours ago

You never hear about Knickerbocker glories anymore do you.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Prawn cocktail served in half an avocado. The very height of sophistication.

Also any even halfway hetero male Brit born before about 1985 who claims he wasn't madly in love with Jet is a goddamned liar.

Last edited:

luka

she ended up doing workplace health and safety videos. how to lift a box without getting a hernia etc

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Aww, that's kind of sad. I hope she got to do one for fun about how to knock someone over with a pugil stick without seriously hurting them.

She once came to give a talk at my high school about healthy eating and thinking positive and stuff like that. I felt wistful.

craner

Beast of Burden
It's like, who would fancy Jet from Gladiators when you had Belinda Carlisle, Susanne Hoffs, DJ Rap, Kim Bassinger or Merlene Ottey to lust after? Ridiculous.

Not contrarian at all, just standards.

luka

Prawn cocktail served in half an avocado. The very height of sophistication.

Also any even halfway hetero male Brit born before about 1985 who claims he wasn't madly in love with Jet is a goddamned liar.

special exclusive nostalgia trigger for tea

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
special exclusive nostalgia trigger for tea

PHWOAR. Although sadly that's a hit and a miss - my parents were much too middle-class to allow a cereal as unhealthy as Frosties, so they were an occasional treat when staying over with a mate.