Stagger

Can anyone here help? I have been browsing the swatches of Deleuze that can be found on the internet. I find it difficult to understand from these what Deleuze is. This, for example, from 'How to make yourself a body without organs':

No longer are there acts to explain, dreams or phantasies to
interpret, childhood memories to recall, words to make signify; instead, there
are colors and sounds, becomings and intensities (and when you become-dog,
don’t ask if the dog you are playing with is a dream or a reality, if it is "your
goddam mother" or something else entirely). There is no longer a Self [Moi]
that feels, acts, and recalls; there is "a glowing fog, a dark yellow mist" that
has affects and experiences movements, speeds.20 The important thing is not
to dismantle the tonal by destroying it all of a sudden. You have to diminish
it, shrink it, clean it, and that only at certain moments. You have to keep it in
order to survive, to ward off the assault of the nagual. For a nagual that
erupts, that destroys the tonal, a body without organs that shatters all the
strata, turns immediately into a body of nothingness, pure self-destruction
whose only outcome is death: "The tonal must be protected at any cost."z’

Is Deleuze a witchdoctor? The question is genuine. If he is not, what is being proposed here?

faustus

there's no point starting with Deleuze's bigger stuff like capitalism and schizophrenia or logic and sense, it's a whole new language.

read D&G's book on Kafka, which is probably the best sustained piece of literary criticism I've ever read

josef k.

Dangerous Mystagogue
I love the title of this thread.

What is Deleuze?

Deleuze is:

“(1) a noise, (2) a proper name, (3) a complex system of ideas, (4) a controlling perception, (5) an instrument of verbal organization, (6) a pretended mode of referring and (7) a source of verbal energy.”

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I thought the body without organs had something to do with potential, like the unrealized you that is still to become (or not). I hardly know anything about Deleuze though.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I wonder, is anyone actually going to try and help this poor cunt out at any point in this thread? It is incredible the speed at which some threads descend into recondite tableaux.

craner

Beast of Burden
wonder, is anyone actually going to try and help this poor cunt out at any point in this thread? It is incredible the speed at which some threads descend into recondite tableaux.

Ha ha, that's what I was thinking! K-Punk would be spinning in his grave, were he dead.