luka

if you take a generic hardcore tune there are alternating periods of will and surrender in a beautifully crude way. a stomping period and a hands in the air period where the beat falls out.

john eden

male pale and stale
no idea what this is but id be willing to bet it's tedious.

Yes a Jamaican woman writing about dancehall is going to a load of rubbish compared to a bunch of middle aged white blokes embarrassing themselves about "female pressure".

john eden

male pale and stale
it's why you know perfectly well what is being implied by 'feminine pressure' or what is implied by any attempt to code music as masculine or feminine. becasue there are norms of usage.

The point is that these norms (and gender/sex norms generally) are being resisted. By feminists.

luka

male and female are not necessary for this becasue every human being has experiences at either end of the spectrum. contains both poles.

luka

obviosuly a man does not switch off during the euphoric swooning sections of a hardcore tune and vice versa. that's not what im getting at at all. just that in hardcore you can very clearly see these two poles of affect. and i will simply ignore you if you try and deny this.

luka

please someone who is not eden tell me what i am saying is in no way contentious/is so obvious it shouldnt need spelling out.

luka

cant beleive we've managed to aquire a radio 4 liberal version of mr tea.
its mental.

• Haha
Reactions: sus

luka

Happy International Women's Day! Blessed to have so many inspiring female role models and leaders in my life. Let's work towards a future where women can be free from ceilings, obstacles and limits.

• Haha

luka

Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness. - Oprah Winfrey
Happy International Women’s day 💝

• Haha