GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

RAISED BY WOLVES

I\
while arguably not a particularly spectacular MC, has a talent for making really high quality mixtapes. I hope he drops a proper album because I have faith it would be really, really good.

I see what you mean on the one hand, but on the other hand, if the definition of a spectacular MC is a complex and original flow, solid bars, and a level of consistency in his releases, I would argue he's one of the best of the bunch as of late.

marsyas

Skepta - Over The Top
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

looks like a really cheap copy of a ruff ryders video from 1998.
american hip-hop videos are so horrible, why try and copy them?

looks like a really cheap copy of a ruff ryders video from 1998.
american hip-hop videos are so horrible, why try and copy them?

come on, its so obviously a piss take - i think its great that he can go and do that, takes a bit of the edge off the "seriousness" in grime

marsyas

come on, its so obviously a piss take - i think its great that he can go and do that, takes a bit of the edge off the "seriousness" in grime

yeah you are right.

its just that hiphop/urban "culture" is thrown at you from every direction here.
no matter how much you try and avoid it.

mos dan

fact music
geeneus with riko and durrty doogz on rinse in 2003

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WB48X03G

you may already have it, but i don't think i've heard it before. it's stopping me going to bed! this is seriously one of the best old sets i've heard. up there with slimzee and diz. if i had the energy for more hyperbole right now i would give it to you.. it's incredible, basically.

credit to the original poster, whoever it was.. someone on rwd.

msoes

right now im obsessed with the fact that grim and little nasty have a friend called shankman

shankman! thats genius.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
To anyone who has been doubting the mixtape output recently, I strongly urge that you check out Badness' new mixtape The Lava Continues.

It's fuckin heavy pretty much end to end.

Also safe to Dan for that set, gonna buss it at work tomorrow.

Last edited:

viktorvaughn

^Glad to hear it is good, as I have ordered it from UKRS, so should probably have it to listen to by 2008.

Taking it back a bit, anyone got this -

Benny Bunter

geeneus with riko and durrty doogz on rinse in 2003

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WB48X03G

you may already have it, but i don't think i've heard it before. it's stopping me going to bed! this is seriously one of the best old sets i've heard. up there with slimzee and diz. if i had the energy for more hyperbole right now i would give it to you.. it's incredible, basically.

credit to the original poster, whoever it was.. someone on rwd.

Thanks for this tip. Listening now, and you're right, its stunning. Haven't listened to too many grime radio sets in my time, but this is certainly the best I've ever heard. Any more tips? Where can I get the slimzee and dizzee set you mention?

tom pr

Thanks for this tip. Listening now, and you're right, its stunning. Haven't listened to too many grime radio sets in my time, but this is certainly the best I've ever heard. Any more tips? Where can I get the slimzee and dizzee set you mention?
There's one I've got that's just Slimzee and Dizzee, and there's a Slimzee w/ Dizzee & Wiley one that's the best I've ever heard. I'll upload both though...

gumdrops

wiley sounds a bit nuts on the sidewinder set when he keeps saying nothing but 'hello hi hello hi' for about an hour lol.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Slimzee/Wiley/Dizzee: http://www.mediafire.com/?7s5dlc20wfd

Officially too much. off out now but I'll upload the other tomorrow...

Also if you don't have the Maximum and Wiley one from last December then I can get that up tomorrow too because that's Wiley in his element.

Safe for that. I would up my version of the Wiley vs. Godsgift set from December, but unfortunately my version is the shit one from Getdarker.com where Darkside decided to put a clip of some cheesy girl's voice saying "get darker" every 5 minutes.

If anyone doesn't have this version, I'd be grateful for it - I'm still not sure what the point of that was.

mos dan

fact music
Safe for that. I would up my version of the Wiley vs. Godsgift set from December, but unfortunately my version is the shit one from Getdarker.com where Darkside decided to put a clip of some cheesy girl's voice saying "get darker" every 5 minutes.

If anyone doesn't have this version, I'd be grateful for it - I'm still not sure what the point of that was.

get darker is really a very confused website, and not a very good one either. i came across their perverse attitude to things like copyright and ownership before when i called them out on dsf for watermarking scans of articles from magazines. where exactly do you get off watermarking (and audio-watermarking) stuff that doesn't belong to you?!? eediots. it just makes me totally ignore the site, whereas i would otherwise probably use it quite a lot. i think they think that watermarking stuff is helping them because it's 'branding', lol

anyway forget the bitching, let the great grime set upping (re)commence! this is like xmas come early. big ups sick boy and tom. i'm afraid i don't have a huge amount of original sets to offer cos of a h/d crash this summer - i'll have a look at what i've got tho. but yes, when i said 'slimzee and diz' i meant the sidewinder set.