luka

my mate told me about something canadians eat when drunk which sounds divine. something about cheese and gravy and mayonnaise and chips.

martin

----
One ex-flatmate always went for canned meatballs and canned macaroni cheese, lobbed into a pan and mixed up. I tried it once and it was like eating sick.

When up North, I like to keep it traditional with chips and gravy. It's extremely good for you - the chips offer a healthy dose of potassium, which reduces your likelihood of developing gout, and the gravy cleanses the penile pipe.

I've been to Agra curry house in Whitfield Street loads of times when slaughtered, Mohammed Ali and Roy Orbison used to eat there.

Fried Mars Bars offer a revitalising sugar rush, which can help sort your drunken head out.

But the best I ever discovered was the microwavable scampi burger in Tokyo.

Does anyone remember that slob Tubby Isaacs, who used to sell jellied eels down Whitechapel at closing time? Is he dead?

swears

preppy-kei
Nando's. They're not usually open that late, good for some early evening pisshead grub, tho.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
lovely stuff, Swears.

my favourite post-pub takeaway in the suburb where i grew up is THE BANGLADESHI MASALA TAKE-AWAY and i've often ate their curry with rice in a tray option for a couple of coins or so. various options like.

underneath that bit on the menu there's even the responsible message of

COMES WITH A FORK FOR YOU TO EAT AS YOU WALK YOUR WAY HOME.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
In Toronto we have this pizza chain called Amato's Pizza that produces these enormous slices with just about every variation of toppings you could fathom for pizza. Aside from my favourite, the Lucille (Asiago, Potatoes, Rosemary), all of them taste incredible drunk, and not so incredible sober.

Also not to forget Sneaky Dee's, the mexican food pub and venue whose kitchen remains open until something like 4am, for a King's Crown Nachos. This takes some bravery:

1254330324_b8c9a1ecc5.jpg

Immryr

when i woke up one morning last week i found a half eaten, raw (i.e. has not been near water) pack of instant noodles with visible teeth marks in it. it was my housemate, not me. i haven't asked him if it was satisfying or not.

i assume not!

zhao

there are no accidents
if you live in LA there is only one answer: TOMMY BURGERS WHO WITH ME!?!?!?!

open all night long, and at 4AM you'd be swaying from all that booze standing there next to the truckers and day laborers just so concentrated on burying your face on that chilli smothered wonderful beautiful thing.

no actually sorry, there are many more than one answer in LA. another would be: PHO 2000!!!

and yet another: TOFU HOUSE!!!

i really miss the food in LA... Berlin motherfucking SUCKS: the bars serve all night, but you'd have to goto another part of the city for an open restaurant after midnight. what the fuck? :confused::mad:

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
MORE BEER! hair of the dog that bit ya

really i go for greasy stuff when i am drunk
fries
mozzarella sticks
jalapeno poppers
pizza
balut

swears

preppy-kei
when i woke up one morning last week i found a half eaten, raw (i.e. has not been near water) pack of instant noodles with visible teeth marks in it. it was my housemate, not me. i haven't asked him if it was satisfying or not.

i assume not!

Whenever I'm about to do instant noodles in the pan I always have a little chunk of them raw first. It's nice, like crisps or something.

alex

Do not read this.
Tofu did someone say?, Id have to be fucking legless to even smell it...

I staggered in the other night with my g/f & made myself & her a cheese & ham toastie, except we dont have a george forman, so i grilled it normally, but as I do it drunkenly, I stuck the whole sandwich under & the top peice of bread stayed on the firey bit of the grill & nearly caused a massive fire, as I just tucked in straight away & never clocked until I just tasted mayo & ham all on top of eachother, not surronded by the other layer of bread.

I have also came in at about 6, gone to make a fried egg & bacon sandwich. When putting the eggs in the frying pan, DONT DRAW FOR THE EGGS 1ST..

I opened the draw to the frying pan with the egg in my hand, needless to say I only had shell & the frying pan when I put it on the stove.

Believe I went & got another egg & done the exact same thing again, not cool.

But yea that doesnt really answer any questions, just anecdotes.

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
Ah, the parmo. Had an awesome one the other day with ham, pepperoni, jalapenos and kebab meat, doused in garlic sauce. Fucking PERFECT.

zhao

there are no accidents
Tofu did someone say?, Id have to be fucking legless to even smell it...

that's prolly because you've never had it properly cooked, in any of the hundreds of ways to make the stuff taste delicious. and i mean delicious in a BBQ pork ribs with special sauce kind of way.

when people say that that's what it usually means.

and Tofu House is only the name of a Korean chain restaurant in LA where all the K-town club kids gather after hours. they serve a lot more than tofu...