luka

the dialectic does, you're absolutely right. it's an unforgiving mistress, the dialectic.

sadmanbarty

don't worry, me and thirdform will have outrageous dialectic shattering sex with the aid of dark magus and a bag full of poppers.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i dont know if there is a best music. i mostly don't listen to anything. i had great results with bernard parmigiani. i had great results with theatre of eternal music and a couple of other drone bits. the austere basically. but i dont think there's any hard and fast rules there. whatever you listen to, if you are actually conscious of it, will sound like you've just invested £50,000 in an audiophiles wet dream.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
can i go full harsh noise and darkcore
idk I mean you can but why'd you want to, even from what I know of your tastes

just dealing with all that stupid grating noise when your face is melting off and your brain is soaring at warp speed

I guess it depends on the noise, I did mention that Geinoh Yashirogumi thing in another thread but even that almost too overwhelming

you don't need to hippie or full blissed-out tho

really anything entrancing

looking at luka's post, Reich and Riley as well as LM Young. serious drone - Radigue, Tony Conrad

that Cologne acid you like is probably alright if you can just let it go in the background. not Liberator acid tho (that's speed music).

the actually psychedelic side of psychedelic rock does work pretty well, this being after what it was theoretically designed for

Spacemen 3, the first Ash Ra Tempel LP, to give a couple specific examples

and you could just go hippie bliss, it works

luka

the experience is so variable and unpredictable that whatever you put on could seem either the most mindblowing thing youve ever heard or completely irrelevant and even contemptible.
depends who picks up the phone to some extent.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
everything is already so intense that as a general rule I would mostly avoid naturally highly intense things - stimuli overload

a special clause of the zone of fruitless intensification

but the only true rule is really there are no rules so sure, anything has the potential to be amazing or terrible

I do think there's something in the "taking drugs to make music to take drugs to" ethos-aesthetic - trust the experts

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
this is exactly it i don't want an ivy league private catholic school stalinist picking up the phone. why do so many Stalinists and antideutsche like psytrance btw?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i sometimes think psytrance is the worst music of all time but then i remember nuskool breaks like rennie pilgrim lmao.

luka

enjoy yourselves tonite lads cos you know tomorrow i will get strict and start making up loads of rules and conditions for posting on the thread again.

luka

cant you do it, it's getting late. you're a night owl. your mind's at it's sharpest now.

catalog

enjoying this thread immensely, i've just read it all the way through. i haven't got much to add except that i thought there might be a 4th summer of love this year in manchester, and i think the reason we didn't get one was because we didn't have the requisite 40 days of no rain.