Jeremy Corbyn

droid

I reckon once the scale of the casualties becomes evident, combined with the govt record and the seeming lack of council activity on the ground all hell will break loose.

Seems to be another groundswell of feeling against the criminal policies and systems that allowed this to happen. Not sure such a weak, culpable and crisis riven party can withstand this if it manifests itself in mass action. If DUP pull out I dont see how the Tories could continue. There's already a big Labour/union march planned for July 1st.

droid

Mate of mine was down at Grenfell tonight. Praised the articulacy of the speakers. Angry but restrained. Well aware of the dangers of media. Big demo planned for the Queen's speech and they're heading down to the town hall tomorrow at noon with calls for the resignation of specific politicians.

droid

Surprisingly good coverage on broadcast media. The sun needs to be subject to a nationwide boycott.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Yeah, that was disappointing yesterday - I just don't see how that can help in any shape or form whatsoever. Apart from anything, why put Labour on the front page again when the Tories are self-destructing. Just let people have their view on Brexit, didn't change anything substantive. As to why the hell the Labour leadership couldn't just get behind the motion (much as I don't care for Chuka Umunna, clearly he's right here), I don't know.

Last edited:

DannyL

Wild Horses
Yeah, that was disappointing yesterday - I just don't see how that can help in any shape or form whatsoever. Apart from anything, why put Labour on the front page again when the Tories are self-destructing. Just let people have their view on Brexit, didn't change anything substantive. As to why the hell the Labour leadership couldn't just get behind the motion (much as I don't care for Chuka Umunna, clearly he's right here), I don't know.

Just read some commentary on FB that it's a strategic move - "wait and see". I have no idea if this is yet more "Corbyn can do no wrong" fan fiction though. it makes sense to be cautious I think. Advertising themselves as the anti-Brexit party right now would attract a huge amount of fire and give the Tories something of a break.

Farage has just tweeted supported Corbyn. What a shame Glastonbury isn't this weekend instead.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Farage has just tweeted supported Corbyn.

Lol, the times we live in, eh?

I saw someone on FB the other day talking about seeing Corbyn on stage at Glastonbury next to some star-struck young 'un wearing an 'I :love: EU' badge. :rolleyes:

DannyL

Wild Horses
Lol, the times we live in, eh?

I saw someone on FB the other day talking about seeing Corbyn on stage at Glastonbury next to some star-struck young 'un wearing an 'I :love: EU' badge. :rolleyes:

It could be some sort of cautious bluff I guess. I have no idea. I've given up trying to make predictions.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Doubt it, he's profoundly anti-EU and always has been (and was anti-EEC before the EU existed).

john eden

male pale and stale
Brexit was in the LP manifesto and is v popular with many traditional Labour voters.

Chukka's opportunism is pathetic.

Paul Mason is right on this - centrists who want a Macron style remain party should set one up.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Brexit was in the LP manifesto and is v popular with many traditional Labour voters.

Chukka's opportunism is pathetic.

Paul Mason is right on this - centrists who want a Macron style remain party should set one up.

Off top of my head - 63% of Lab voters and 90% of Labour members voted Remain. It's hardly a marginal position in the party, or for Labour voters, the rights or wrongs of Chukka's actions nonwithstanding. If "the youth" came out en masse for Corbyn how do we square that with the fact that young people overwhelmingly voted Remain? And lest we forgot leaving the single market was not on the ballot paper. If we are going to go Brexit, why go with the most destructive interpretation of it?

I can't see how we can have a huge increase in public spending while at the same time blowing up the foundational pillars of our economy.

The fact that a low rent nazi is cheering him on surely should give his supporters pause.

Last edited: