GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Chipmunk is such a little shit. He put a few years in the grime scene, got a lot of hype for a very short amount of time, and then binned it all by going and making some of the worst pop tunes made by any formerly grime artist to date (although Kano might be in the race for that again with his abysmal and extremely confused 'Rock N Roller').

Now his massive kidney bean head sits atop his spindly little body blathering on and on, whenever it gets the chance, about the grime scene and why it isn't cutting it. Firstly, I don't know where he thinks he gets the authority to say anything since he is happily heading towards having less credibility than N-Dubz, and secondly, all his talk seems to just be a vain attempt to justify that.

What amazes me is how people in the grime scene are still protective of this now totally irrelevant MC. If he wants to say fuck grime, grime should say fuck Chipmunk.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
On the topic of producers though I want to say that the new General Tank and Silencer riddim that Silencer dropped on his fill-in show last week is fucked.

CrowleyHead

I kinda think N-Dubz are weirdly credible, but maybe that's just me.

Well, they started out as the ultimate "Urban Pop" group. I can't imagine anyone quite like N-Dubz... I can't say I enjoy their music, but they're fascinating to say the least.

There's always something odd about their songs though, how it seems like a lot of words are cramed into melodies. It reminds me of how unwieldy Cassie's "Official Girl" was.

alex

Do not read this.
yea, I fucking hate chipmunk, He has such a shallow success. Notice how he only got big from stealing people flow's...he would go round the grime scene & be like, right, let me do you for a bit, then changes to someone else big, and is like, let me do you now...

tom lea

Now his massive kidney bean head sits atop his spindly little body blathering on and on, whenever it gets the chance, about the grime scene and why it isn't cutting it. Firstly, I don't know where he thinks he gets the authority to say anything since he is happily heading towards having less credibility than N-Dubz, and secondly, all his talk seems to just be a vain attempt to justify that.

hahaha. gwan sick boy.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Has anyone copped Big H - Street Crime UK yet? I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned on here yet. It's hilariously good. Hilarious because of how Big H can just disappear for a few years and then come back with one of the best CDs of 2009. This kind of comeback isn't working so well for some others (*cough*Roachee*cough*Sharkey*cough*).

Bossman was really hurting on that Logan set on Monday tho.

Last edited:

viktorvaughn

just struck me

geeneus looks like an elven archer

rinse_01-150x150.png

and marcus looks like an orc warrior

rinse_10

on the rinse covers.

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

Fingers crossed for Wiley on better form for tomorrow. Flashes of greatness still there though.

Lets hope he doesn't make like a 38 bus eh?

Simon78

Has anyone copped Big H - Street Crime UK yet? I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned on here yet. It's hilariously good. Hilarious because of how Big H can just disappear for a few years and then come back with one of the best CDs of 2009. This kind of comeback isn't working so well for some others (*cough*Roachee*cough*Sharkey*cough*).

I'm going to order it tomorrow. I think only UK Recordshop has it at the minute?

Logan Sama Ft. Big H, Skepta, Bossman & Jme - 05-10-09 - GrimeForum.com.mp3 (23.31 MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2kjmzd3nlng

+ JME's Over Me is out on Juno Download - Original + Silencer remix
http://www.junodownload.com/ppps/products/1475897-02.htm

petergunn

plywood violin

was listening to old roll deep stuff today on the ipod and wondering wtf happened w/ roachee... last thing i heard was that garbage pop track he did w/ tinchy... he lost his flow, which is sad, b/c at his best he was uncontainable...

also realized that Flame Grilled Whopper may have been The Last Great Roll Deep tune...

gumdrops

this mz bratt track on no hats no hoods has a really really good beat. its like lo-fi waifer. no idea who produced it though.

so good to hear wiley on radio again. some good vocals played before he started mcing too. grime radio seems right again ;)