global financial crash yay!

N

nomadologist

The gangs don't rule NY anymore, hun, it's the Columbians and Dominicans who work with the Italians, but I won't bore you with the facts, since you seem to prefer Libertarian "think tank" propaganda.

crackerjack

The gangs don't rule NY anymore, hun, it's the Columbians and Dominicans who work with the Italians

Well that's me told.

but I won't bore you with the facts, since you seem to prefer Libertarian "think tank" propaganda

Please don't, since you're unable to get even the most basic judgements right. Fwiw I'm a leftist democrat with an authoritarian streak. You'd be hard pushed to find a less libertarian person on this site.

N

nomadologist

You're everything that's wrong with neolibs, then, but ok!

"Basic judgments." You're unable to even SPELL the word "judgment"--if you're so far left that you have and "authoritarian" streak, then why do you mediate and MC the whole Vimothy debacle?

Let him fight his own battles.

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
I don't really know how significant it is. At a guess, I'd say quite but not very, if only because those predicting it means the death of America tend to sound like they're making a wish.

Fuck you dude, I live here.

N

nomadologist

The more I think about all this, the more I get worried about China post-olympics and what will come with that. The country is clearly rigged to look good all the way to 2008, and I have to wonder what kind of mess will result at the end.

Every last serious student of economics I know, every day trader, everyone I've ever met who works high up in finance, has insisted from the beginning of the war that the U.S.'s political and economic motivations for going to war had everything to do with speculation about future markets (oil, natural gas, probably even poppy!) and the unprecedented economic growth of China over the last several years (read: the fear of an inevitable global economic takeover by China possibly aided by Russia and other potential allies). Without hestitation or political mitigation, they have all contended basically the same thing--that anyone in economics knows that this war has nothing to do with ideology or terrorism, WMDs, or any other justification the American people have been fed.

Most of these people I am talking about are republicans, btw.

crackerjack

"Basic judgments." You're unable to even SPELL the word "judgment"--if you're so far left that you have and "authoritarian" streak, then why do you mediate and MC the whole Vimothy debacle?

If you insist on scrutinising spelling - always a sure sign of a loser, but hey ho - it's best to double check your own typos first.

if you're so far left that you have and "authoritarian" streak

that should be an authoritarian streak.

And judgement is the English (i.e. proper :p) spelling of judgment.

Let him fight his own battles.

Vimothy neither needs nor wants my help. I just like to point out when people are talking bollocks - with you that's a full time job.

N

nomadologist

I'm not even going to dignify this with a response except to say:

I have an insanely high IQ, I've had all sorts of affirmation my entire life that I'm smart, I was in all sorts of gifted programs, I really don't need your seal of intellectual approval.

Thanks anyway, though :D

crackerjack

I have an insanely high IQ, I've had all sorts of affirmation my entire life that I'm smart, I was in all sorts of gifted programs, I really don't need your seal of intellectual approval.

And you've done nothing but charity the last 20 years, I bet.;)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

Thanks anyway, though :D

Hahaha, oh dear. If anyone else had said this, you'd no doubt be the first person to say "those tests don't mean shit". It's how fast you can do a Rubik's Cube that counts, daddio.

N

nomadologist

I'd still be the first to say they don't mean that much, Mr. Tea.

Just let Vimothy talk to me, why doesn't everyone? Instead of trying to MC for him? That would be cool.

3underscore

Every last serious student of economics I know, every day trader, everyone I've ever met who works high up in finance, has insisted from the beginning of the war that the U.S.'s political and economic motivations for going to war had everything to do with speculation about future markets (oil, natural gas, probably even poppy!) and the unprecedented economic growth of China over the last several years (read: the fear of an inevitable global economic takeover by China possibly aided by Russia and other potential allies). Without hestitation or political mitigation, they have all contended basically the same thing--that anyone in economics knows that this war has nothing to do with ideology or terrorism, WMDs, or any other justification the American people have been fed

That was a pretty reasonable conjecture from a few years ago though (and one I don't feel I was arguing against). Currently you are looking at a quasi-capitalist approach from China enforcing that all wealth is invested internally, limited stock holdings, and manipulation of data.

This is hardly unexpected, and is the behavior that was expected by some. But the way that many things are in China right now is creating a big bubble economy in the run in it 2008. And some point after the spotlight is off post-Beijing, they will have to let it go. The results from that could well be very damaging globally.

N

nomadologist

Sounds like what I'm hearing from the same folks I mentioned...will be interesting to see what happens...

vimothy

yurp
Just let Vimothy talk to me, why doesn't everyone? Instead of trying to MC for him? That would be cool.

What are you talking about nomadologist? Leave me out of your arguments with other people. They have nothing to do with me, I have nothing to do with them.

vimothy

yurp
Apparently, Vim has never heard of Hubbert's oil peak. ONe of many things, I know.

= 1995 @ 12 gigabarrels. (I think we're currently at 31 gigabarrels per year). That thing has been put back more times than the Jehovas Witness' day of judgement.

And look at what just happened:

The Brazilian government says huge new oil reserves discovered off its coast could turn the country into one of the biggest oil producers in the world.

Petrobras, Brazil's national oil company, says it believes the offshore Tupi field has between 5bn and 8bn barrels of recoverable light oil.

A senior minister said Brazilian oil production had the potential to match that of Venezuela and Saudi Arabia.​

Agencia Petrobras de Noticias:

Brazil is before the discovery of its biggest oil province, comparable to the most important oil provinces in the world. Petrobras announced a new frontier today, ranging through the Espírito Santo, Campos, and Santos Basins, in deeper horizons, and in the so-called pre-salt rocks. The volume that was discovered in the Tupi accumulation alone, which represents but a small part of the new frontier, may boost Brazil’s current 14-billion-barrel oil and gas reserves by more than 50%.

The announced oil province is located in a new exploratory frontier, where the pre-salt layer was reached for the first time. To date, Petrobras is the only company, with the operator status, with or without partnerships, that has drilled, tested, and evaluated pre-salt rocks.​

zhao

there are no accidents
don't know about the rest of y'all but i for one think attitudes like Vimothy's with regard to the oil (and other) non-crisis is totally awesome. in the sense of facilitating acceleration.

yes let america have its last blow-off binge like a dying junkie hooked on debt fueled consumption YAY!

normal_dr_strangelove01.jpg