Endless Rush: UK Hardcore 1992-1994

massrock

It's the Rinse podcast, just I'd mention it cos it's really good and people might have missed it what with the sunsheeine and everything. This thread seemed as good a place as any.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Yeah I spotted when I clicked the link, I don't really follow the podcasts though, so thanks anyway for bringing it to attention.
'Endless rush' is pretty fuckin spot on for the tunes they play btw.

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
narra mine

i wasn't there in 92. recently heard of genaside II who were doing stuff around this time, my friend found this in a charity shop...

armand van helden remixed it...twice...
g-double-e remix...
obligatory functional acid rub...

sirens of acre lane...
this from the 'new life 4 tha hunted' album...

massrock

You could do much worse than to listen to that Slimzee/Tubby set above if you didn't. It's a fantastic selection, no kidding. Out to the snowball crew.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
To massrock or anyone else that d/l'ed this: do you know the name of the track that they play immediately before Noise Factory - Straight From The Bedroom?
Prob about 2 hrs 25 in (!), it has a horn sample that sounds like its either the same or very similar to the one used on War for 94, but pitched differently, plus a dude yelling out what sounds like 'didn't mi ever tell you about the raggamuffin business an ting'. Suspect it may be quite well know, but I'm not getting it.

Spender

To massrock or anyone else that d/l'ed this: do you know the name of the track that they play immediately before Noise Factory - Straight From The Bedroom?
Prob about 2 hrs 25 in (!), it has a horn sample that sounds like its either the same or very similar to the one used on War for 94, but pitched differently, plus a dude yelling out what sounds like 'didn't mi ever tell you about the raggamuffin business an ting'. Suspect it may be quite well know, but I'm not getting it.

It's Dance Conspiracy - Dub War.

http://www.discogs.com/Dance-Conspiracy-Dub-War/release/354169

Big tune, but avoid the XL repress you might see, for some reason the originals not on it (?!).

the tune that 'War for 94' is no doubt a nod to.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
It's Dance Conspiracy - Dub War.

http://www.discogs.com/Dance-Conspiracy-Dub-War/release/354169

Big tune, but avoid the XL repress you might see, for some reason the originals not on it (?!).

the tune that 'War for 94' is no doubt a nod to.

Thanks Spender, yeah I actually found it on youtube late last night. Insomnia coming in handy again. :)
Massive tune, I love the way that the different elements in it should be totally incongruous next to each other, yet somehow they work....

D

droid

Thanks Spender, yeah I actually found it on youtube late last night. Insomnia coming in handy again. :)
Massive tune, I love the way that the different elements in it should be totally incongruous next to each other, yet somehow they work....

Absolutely fucking killer tune. The original is a bit pricey but worth it, as Spender says, the XL reissues are missing the best mix - also has 5(?) tunes on one 12".:mad:

rls01929.jpg

War for '94 was pretty much a remix. There was also a couple of unreleased mixes: http://www.rolldabeats.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33149&pid=36939&mode=threaded&start=#entry36939

That sax sample was also used (maybe prior to dub war?) by Bay B kane in 'Sax in the jungle' :D on Ruff Guidance 1. And the gorgeous 'Hey-eyh yeah' vocal was first sampled by The Step on 'Yeah You!' - WARP 8/8R.