Explain Angel-Islington

luka

it's competely distinct and seperate from anywhere else in the city. its got more plastic geezers per square mile than anywhere else in the world (arsenal fan tv for reference) its got all these strange stepford couples in their 20s who spend the weekends shopping for upholstery. i dont hate it. im just sort of baffled by it.

john eden

male pale and stale
Used to be scary as fuck. Now just boring.

A “destination” with very little there.

I don’t know where all those people come from it’s weird.

luka

Used to be scary as fuck. Now just boring.

A “destination” with very little there.

I don’t know where all those people come from it’s weird.

when was it scary? the '80s? it was already upmarket by the mid '90s.
the ony time ive ever met you was in angel wasnt it? is that the time i met you?
at that pub just before camden passage, and sufi was there with a beautiful Kenyan supermodel
who didnt talk but just sort of sparkled and shimmered.

that's how i remember it.

john eden

male pale and stale
when was it scary? the '80s? it was already upmarket by the mid '90s.
the ony time ive ever met you was in angel wasnt it? is that the time i met you?
at that pub just before camden passage, and sufi was there with a beautiful Kenyan supermodel
who didnt talk but just sort of sparkled and shimmered.

that's how i remember it.

Lol. Yes the eighties. Even the tube station was intimidating then.

And yeah we met first there but also briefly at the Dissensus drinks at that pub somewhere near Bethnal Green.

john eden

male pale and stale
Islington Academy is one of the worst venues in London and that shopping centre was better when it was a bleak car park with one house on it that was squatted by Jason from Blaggers ITA.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
In the evening it has this weirdly 'townie' atmosphere that I think makes it feel more like a small market town than a part of inner London. Or at least it used to.

Saw The Young Gods at the Academy years ago and bumped into mistersloane there. Brilliant gig despite the venue and terrible metal support bands.

I used to go to Electrowerks quite a lot. Was there for 100% Dynamite once and found I could hear the reggae from that night as well as some EBM or whatever from the goth night going on in the other half of the venue while I was queueing for the cloakroom. Can't be many places where that happens.

I love the Gallipoli restaurants but they're all a bit further up.