luka

i get it. you lot feel i am willing a way of thinking onto you and becasue of your stereotyped retrograde ideas of gender roles you feel it would be unmanly to surrender to it and are therefore resisting.

• Haha
Reactions: sus

luka

will and surrender which are sort of unavoidably political.

well clearly this maps onto politics as the ultimate political expression of will is fascism. it also maps onto the politics of the self.

luka

think of the rhetoric of bodybuilding and how that applies to the politics of the self.

sadmanbarty

appropriately this thread is divided between, on the one hand, the rigid, boundaried, literalist, inflexible and on the other hand the open, fluid, abstract, subjective, interpreting, etc.

sadmanbarty

in the intro jungle exhales. the masculine music; built on harsh, angular, shrill, propulsive breaks is transformed. the drums evaporate. surrender into vaporous echoes. the low pass filter- jungle through the womb.

sadmanbarty

two competing ideas of the future. one clinical, one with humanity. one about how sex and violence and love and dancing and sentimentality interact with increased technological advancement, the other is, at its heart, music about touchscreen worktops and floating cars.

sadmanbarty

my plan is that at 11 tonight we can all dissect craner's sexuality together. it's very rich, very contradictory; dates younger women but fetishises women his mother's age, he's the welsh james bond but there's a submissive quality to him, a chauvinist that venerates carly simon and stevie nicks. luka, trawl the archives.

Excellent comparison, I love Soubry! Massive pro-EU warrior, big supporter of Citizens Advice, foreign policy internationalist, and has sexy eyes.

oliver, oliver, never before has a boy wanted more

Benny Bunter

Ftr luka, i'm not even disagreeing with you. I just think will and surrender suggest (maybe just to me, not you, but I also get this vibe off the klimt painting) dominance and submission between two essentially seperate entities. The yin yang thing I think describes what I think you're on about perfectly though. The undivided one.

Its good stuff anyway, carry on :)

luka

between two essentially seperate entities

i thought id been very clear, deliberately so, that this happens at the level of the individual body and when it's interpersonal it plays back and forth between partners.

luka

you cant pick sides. its the way you're born. a lover or a boring grey cunt.

corpsey is one of us but he doesnt know it yet. hes like the librarian romantic lead who hasnt taken off his glasses and unpinned his hair yet.

Benny Bunter

i thought id been very clear, deliberately so, that this happens at the level of the individual body and when it's interpersonal it plays back and forth between partners.

Yeah you were and I reckon understand exactly what you were on about, I was just commenting on why confusion creeps in through some of the examples/language you used. Don't worry, i'm not about to derail your thread with politics