poetix

we murder to dissect
Anyway, if someone's going all lone wolf on you, translating that into "goblin nonce" is evidently a strong counter-strategy. Yeah, yeah, you're an outcast, in league with the fantastic...just in a kind of grubby, laughable, sordid way...

luka

What we need to do now is prise poetix away from sniggering at goblin nonce and get him into the other threads.

luka

I think different breeds of human balance each other in a positive way. Not everyone has to be like me.

luka

like all of us, it's your defence mechanisms that are actually your most repellent quality.

not just you, everybody. the things we do to compensate for the self-perceived chinks in our armour are ironically our most grotesque qualities.

joe i like you when you're dressed like kamal ahmed and showing off with your poem. i don't like you when you're faux-arrogant and weird on dissensus.

be you, there's nothing wrong with that.

I for one firmly resist the notion that Jo has been bullied. Has he been teased, taunted & tickled? Yes, of course. But not to humiliate him but to shake him up and wake him up. But that is predicated on the belief that he is alive and capable of engaging on a human basis. He has been offered a way out. It is kindness and compassion not malice.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Genuinely did not know that Rage Against the Machine did spoken word stuff. Would have been easier just to insert the youtube link though

oh, I know, you all embarrassed yourselves mightily, but god and I forgive you. I’m talking to the lurkers now.

lurkers! this is how it is. the people here, and not just them, don’t know what they are saying, what they think, or why they feel a certain way. they hate who they are told to hate, but they do not know why; in truth they hate themselves. they are not bad people, necessarily; they are afraid, unhappy and confused about things in their lives, and the world, some quite resentfully, they consume too much corporate and state media and they don’t realise how it lies to them, how systematically, maliciously... they don’t know how to be free. they want to be part of a group, and be good guys, be something or someone, for someone, or something, and they don’t understand that freedom, which is their birthright, as it was mine, and yours, comes through the rediscovery of how to be alone. When the dust of these years settles it will be obvious who has acted with sincerity and courage, and who has not, it is obvious already, to everyone with eyes, see them. listen! can you hear the beauty of the silence underneath the screams? still do not despise the others. and think of me whatever you want. act with courage and sincerity yourself, and also mischief, joy. choose your own path, disregard all those you don’t respect, separate yourself from them, your thoughts from theirs. do not fear death, seek no reward, but only marvel at the majesty of god’s creation, your life is yours alone and everyone is perfectly autonomous.

sadmanbarty

This one had me pissing my pants

i was in a meeting about safeguarding disabled people on friday and i was checking dissensus on my phone.

i read this and was in a fit of hysterical laughter which i didn't do much of a job of hiding.

i couldn't just say "sorry about laughing while you're talking about disabled people getting robbed, i was just laughing at myseof for repeatedly calling a man i've never met a 'goblin nonce' on the internet. as your were"

sadmanbarty

I for one firmly resist the notion that Jo has been bullied. Has he been teased, taunted & tickled? Yes, of course. But not to humiliate him but to shake him up and wake him up. But that is predicated on the belief that he is alive and capable of engaging on a human basis. He has been offered a way out. It is kindness and compassion not malice.

that's crucial that is.

i think people are thinking i'm being a lot more disingenuous than i am.

obviously i was taking the piss in lot of ways, but i was genuinely trying to reach out and engage with him.

it wasn't particularly cruel or malicious. it was playful.

a thorough, good natured ribbing some might say.

josef k.

Dangerous Mystagogue
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate

These words in dim color I beheld
Inscribed on the lintel of an archway.
"Master," I said, "this saying's hard for me."

And he — as someone who understands — told me:
"Here you must give up all irresolution;
15 All cowardice must here be put to death.

"We are come to the place I spoke to you about
Where you shall see the sorrow-laden people,
Those who have lost the Good of the intellect."

And with that, putting his own hand on mine,
20 With smiling face, just to encourage me,
He led me to things hidden from the world.

Here heartsick sighs and groanings and shrill cries
Re-echoed through the air devoid of stars,
So that, but started, I broke down in tears.

25 Babbling tongues, terrible palaver,
Words of grief, inflections of deep anger,
Strident and muffled speech, and clapping hands,

All made a tumult that whipped round and round
Forever in that colorless and timeless air,
30 Like clouds of sand caught up in a whirlwind.

And I, my head enwreathed with wayward doubts,
Asked, "Master, what is this that I am hearing?
Who are these people overwhelmed by pain?"

And he told me: "This way of wretchedness
35 Belongs to the unhappy souls of those
Who lived without being blamed or applauded.

"They are now scrambled with that craven crew
Of angels who elected neither rebellion
Nor loyalty to God, but kept apart.

40 "Not to mar its beauty, heaven expelled them,
Nor will the depths of hell take them in there,
Lest the damned have any glory over them."

And I: "Master, what is so burdensome
To them that they should wail so dismally?"
45 He answered, "Very briefly, I will tell you.

"These people have no hope of again dying,
And so deformed has their blind life become
That they must envy every other fate.

50 "The world will not allow a word about them;
Mercy and justice hold them in disdain.
Let us not discuss them. Look and pass on."