I'm in Exeter

luka

Vape vendors, martial arts supply store, comic shop, the corn exchange, vietnamese nail parlours, pube waxers, army surplus shops, charity shops, street food markets, 1970s vegetarian cafe (herbies), head shops, fancy dress shops, art collectives in empty shop fronts, 3rd wave coffee poseurs, wavy garms boutiques with saucony and huff, a walkabout, greggs, bakers that aren't greggs but do Belgium buns still, vintage stores, urban outfitters, waterstones, Jamies Italian, charity shops for hospices and animal shelters, fruit machine parlours, skate shops, wetherspoons, bhs, a barbers called the chop shop where all the barbers have tattoos and rockabilly hair, street drinking as mainstream lifestyle choice, Chinese takeaways, extant branches of bankrupted businesses, millets, hmv, intersport, athena...

Last edited:

luka

The usual catalogue of trends in post war British town planning. Pedestrianised areas, malls and arcades from various decades, dingy subway labyrinths under busy roads, murals on tiled the walls blah blah blah

luka

Muffin break, sports direct, cex, h. Samuel, GAME, GNC for the modern bodybuilders ...

Last edited:

luka

Smoked pulled west Country lamb with firey morrocan spice, lettuce and spicy slaw

luka

Pop goth youth with green hair and black and white stripey stockings sitting crossed legged on benches, smoking roll ups, reading young adult fiction about vampires etc

luka

Crazy jackass youth with white framed sunglasses and backwards baseball caps sort of climbing all over each other pulling faces and screaming bleurgh or whatever carrying a penny skateboard under one arm. Drinking a monster energy drink in a jumbo can.

luka

That's like the official town slogan now lool everyone's tripping out every day. Just got a mint edition 1971 edition politics of ecstasy from oxfam

luka

One resident is trolling the town with an enormous purple ukip banner along the river pretty funny

john eden

male pale and stale
Some artwork I did was in an exhibition in Exeter alongside the Chapman Brothers once.

That is all I have to contribute though.

luka

Someone else told me the same thing last night. Apparently there's a stone circle there?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I live here now. It's a good city. There is - as Luke pointed out - a plethora of vape shops, although Torquay has even more. The surrounding countryside and villages are ridiculously pretty. My drive to work takes me up over these wooded hills which look for all the world like they could be in the foothills of the Swiss Alps or something (although it's partly some obviously planted pines that make it feel somehow Continental).