Techno Techno Techno Techno

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Cos it ain't all shit

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

I like my techno hard, not fit for sitting in a bean bag to.

Leo

randomer has this great knack for really bruising drum sounds, always a highlight tracks by him and also blawan. since many techno tracks tend to be functional ("DJ tools") rather than actual songs, the sounds of the baselines and drum programming are what make the difference between good and boring.

just last weekend, i pulled a bunch of old jeff mills and UR 12"s off the shelf and had a good ol' time. abe duque and the tension records crew were also a techno fav back in the day, a little heavier on the acid tip than the detroit guys.

i haven't followed techno that much in the last few years, who's doing it well nowadays? i've liked a fair amount of the blawan and pearson sound releases, also stuff on the livity sound label. never got into all the berlin ostgut ton stuff, dettmann, ben klock, etc. it's too sleek and clean for my tastes, i like my techno dirtier and grubbier (like randomer), although i do like answer code request and call super. ancient methods is ok, a bit industrial at times. silent servant rubs me the wrong way, for some reason.

luka

my mate who only listens to hiphop of the homeboy sandman variety weirdly asked me about techno so im doing a little youtube playlist he can sneer at

luka

its a work in progress let me know if you think theres anything vitally important i must add

luka

tons of classics there, luka. one quibble: is "good life" techno?

house vocalist, housey sound but its detroit and kevin saunderson so it goes in. im only doing classics and basics cos its for a beginner. its not for the likes of you lot.

luka

im not writing a history im trying to overcome a deepseated prejudice and that aint gunna help!

luka

ive been reading your message board posts for what feels like 30 years. i know you know a bit about techno. i dont want to go to europe. it'll get too unweildy.

droid

If youre into first/second wave Detroit, the next best thing is London techno - early WARP and its precursors. Matt did a good mix of this stuff a while back actually:

luka

i should develop him a bit more. hes a bit one dimensional so far. i liked when he said mos def was the black bob dylan