benjybars

village elder.
don't really mind what happens from here but i think 140 is my favourite tempo for dancing and mixing.

big up all my 140 crew!

gumdrops

is there that dramatic a diff between 130 and 140? i mean really? basically agree with this:
I think its more about the vibes & sounds, the best D&B always had light & dark, it had CONTRAST (some of Groove's epic sets at Blue Note as an example)

gumdrops

i know plenty of people hate wobble but er its only 10bpm difference.

if you were talking about hating 160bpm or 180 i could see your point, but im wondering if people push it, and go, you know, to (foreboding dramatic music)........ 136bpm, does that mean theyre banished forever to wobbleland?

Last edited:

jackmaster

time, space, transmat
I thought Peru/Fire Flies was coming out on Numbers?

I am one of the guys behind Numbers, and I also work for a distributor called Rubadub and we have given Slackk a P&D deal to release some stuff. Because I think it's quality :)

So that's probably where the confusion arose from.

The first set of TPs have a jump in them so we're getting new ones done.

rwtt

Not down with this sweeping bpm criticism in the slightest tbh, 140 as shorthand for wobble especially :confused:

this isn't how i read blackdown's "decoupling" comment - more that, at this point in time, the music coming from producers who are stepping down to 130 from 140 is overall of a higher standard...

wascal

Wild Horses
this isn't how i read blackdown's "decoupling" comment - more that, at this point in time, the music coming from producers who are stepping down to 130 from 140 is overall of a higher standard...

Ah OK, Can see some truth in that.

IanTheM

Tame Horse
i know plenty of people hate wobble but er its only 10bpm difference.

if you were talking about hating 160bpm or 180 i could see your point, but im wondering if people push it, and go, you know, to (foreboding dramatic music)........ 136bpm, does that mean theyre banished forever to wobbleland?

the thing is the closer you are to 130 the less you're caring about being mixed with 'dubstep' and seem to care about house/funky more, 136 is pretty easy to push up there but 10 bpms gets kinda eh.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Just wanted to say that after finally managing to listen to it (yeah I know...), the Martyn Fabric mix is really, really good. :D If he plays like that in Glasgow next week it'll be an amazing night, I reckon.
(Was going to post this in the thread where the mix was already being discussed, but of course it's locked 'cause of all the antics that happened there. Makes as much sense here as anywhere, I guess).

alex

Do not read this.
IAA_2_-_Flyer_Back_-_Web.jpg

grizzleb

Just wanted to say that after finally managing to listen to it (yeah I know...), the Martyn Fabric mix is really, really good. :D If he plays like that in Glasgow next week it'll be an amazing night, I reckon.
(Was going to post this in the thread where the mix was already being discussed, but of course it's locked 'cause of all the antics that happened there. Makes as much sense here as anywhere, I guess).
You'd do well to check his re cent XLR8R mix andy, he mixes it up with a variety of belters. (glass domain, when doves cry, etc)

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
Was that Knightrider track on the Hessle show 15 mins ago by cunei4m? No Myspace or anything for the guy, just some mixes dotted about that don't seem to have any of his own tracks in the tracklists.

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
nah thats a dude who was feeling it, so i said his name.. can't remember who it's by, it came out on a 4 track white

Thought that might be the case after spying his twitter. Turned up some decent looking mixes from him whilst googling away anyway.