Childish Gambino

blissblogger

Atlanta is the best thing on TV in America by some distance

knocking Orange is the New Black off the pedestal (and its last series went off the rails a little)

Bryan Tyree Henry should get some kind of award for the many shades of exasperation and put upon-ness he brings to the Paper Boi role

forclosure

thought about this coming back from chemist, now that protests are happening and i haven't heard a peep out of Donald Glover in regards to the protests happening right now and outside of one mocked article no word on This is America being played.

so much for "the first anthem of trap" i think at this point people agree that a) as expected the song had no life or identity away from the video b) Glover's song and efforts with it to foist himself into the conversation were naieve at best and deeply painfully cynical at worst

catalog

I never found him that interesting, I watched a few episodes of his show but don't think it was very good

version

I liked Atlanta, although I hated the Teddy Perkins episode everyone seemed to think was brilliant.

Leo

catalog, you seem to have no patience for any TV show I like. "Atlanta" is great. I've never heard any of his music aside from "America", which is ok.

luka

im not standing for it any more. im demanding more for 2020. we have to maintain certain standards

luka

this is a salon. its where the best and brightest come to preen. its not a student union bar.

catalog

@luka Have you watched it, its boring, i try with things, what more do you want? I have limited time, i get bored easily. I cant often articulate why i dont like something that is true.

I sont think everything is rubbish, I do like a lot of telly, the wire, sopranos, deadwood.

@Leo yeah we seem to have some crossover music taste in john t gast and principe but i cant get into some of your telly recs.

Telly Is more like ambient music for me, on in the background while i play lemmings.

Leo

@luka I have limited time, i get bored easily

nothing wrong with that, I'm that way with some thing. maybe some programs require more of a time investment and commitment to prove their worth (although imho that's not the case with either of the programs in question).

Last edited: