forclosure

Kool Keith spending a stint in Bellevue

also i always like that one myth that when making Critical Beatdown, Ultramag covered the whole studio in tin foil to make it look like a spaceship

CrowleyHead

Yeah, and the whole shagging loads of women thing is a bit suspicious too if you ask me. Obviously trying to cover up for something.

This is a constant twitter joke about ASAP Rocky, who coincidentally duetted with Stewart. If that man had any brains at all, I'd say it's deliberate but alas.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I wonder if we could start a myth on here and have it spread through the internet, until Justin Bieber is on Instagram, denying he has a gerbil up his arse.

luka

Got quite a lot of traction that one. Crowleyhead got death threats for retweeting it.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Paul is dead.
A good one I think. Like the Rod Stewart/Marc Almond one is just a scurrilously made up vicious rumour that refuses to die, but the Paul is dead one is brilliantly thought out with the wreath spelling out his name on Sgt Pepper and his bare feet on Abbey Road meaning that he represents the corpse. What else is there? I'm sure there is more, there's even a book about it.

version

The cover, which shows a photograph of the Beatles walking in step across the street away from Abbey Road Studios, resembles a funeral procession. Leading the procession is John wearing white, symbolizing the clergy. Ringo, dressed in black, is a pallbearer or an the undertaker. George, dressed in work clothes, is the gravedigger. Paul, the corpse, is out of step with the other Beatles, leading with his right foot instead of with his left. Also, Paul’s eyes are closed and he is barefoot. Asserting that because people in many areas of the world are buried barefoot, Paul McCartney Dead: The Great Hoax stated that this was “a strong death symbol.” Also, Paul is smoking a cigarette, also known as a “coffin nail“. He is holding the cigarette in his right hand, even though the real Paul McCartney was left handed.

IdleRich

IdleRich
The cover, which shows a photograph of the Beatles walking in step across the street away from Abbey Road Studios, resembles a funeral procession. Leading the procession is John wearing white, symbolizing the clergy. Ringo, dressed in black, is a pallbearer or an the undertaker. George, dressed in work clothes, is the gravedigger. Paul, the corpse, is out of step with the other Beatles, leading with his right foot instead of with his left. Also, Paul’s eyes are closed and he is barefoot. Asserting that because people in many areas of the world are buried barefoot, Paul McCartney Dead: The Great Hoax stated that this was “a strong death symbol.” Also, Paul is smoking a cigarette, also known as a “coffin nail“. He is holding the cigarette in his right hand, even though the real Paul McCartney was left handed.
Yeah, I was alluding to that above. But what else? Apparently when John says "Cranberry sauce" on what track it was interpreted as "I buried Paul".

version

There's a bunch of stuff in here:
Those looking for references to Paul’s death listened closely to the lyrics of the songs on Abbey Road. As R. Gary Patterson points out, the tone of “Come Together” suggests that “an underlying tragedy was hidden beneath the lyrics,” and the cryptic imagery of the song lends itself to imaginative interpretation. The opening line of the song “Here come old flattop” might refer to the injuries to the head Paul sustained in his fatal crash. “He wear no shoeshine” may refer to the barefoot Paul in the cover photo for the LP. “Got to be good looking ’cause he’s so hard to see” may refer to the absence of the “cute Beatle.” “Got to be a joker/He just do what he please” might refer to the “great hoax,” Paul’s replacement by a lookalike. And the line “One and one and one is three” might mean that there are now three Beatles instead of four.

The medley that dominates side 2 of the LP offered plenty of fodder for conspiracy theorists, as well. The interlocking set of eight songs from “You Never Give Me Your Money” to “The End” may not have been thematically related but the song fragments fit together well. This form was fairly novel in 1969 and the reputation of this piece has grown over the years. Rolling Stone calls it “the matured Beatles at their best: playful, gentle, acerbic, haunting and bonded by the music.” Inevitable, then, that conspiracy theorists would examine this piece closely. Joel Glazier pointed out that the “Sun King” was the French monarch Louis XIV. In Part III of The Vicomte de Bragelonne or Ten Years Later by Alexander Dumas, “The Man in the Iron Mask” is Louis XIV’s twin brother who, through an elaborate plot, comes to replace the “Sun King”. To Glazier this reference supported the story that Paul had been replaced by a lookalike. Also, Andru Reeve, author of Turn Me On, Dead Man: The Beatles and the “Paul Is Dead” Hoax, points out that the songs in the medley contain a number of references to death. “You Never Give Me Your Money” contains the line “All good children go to Heaven,” “Golden Slumbers” is “the Big Sleep—death,” and the medley concludes with “The End.” He also mentions that “Carry That Weight” could be interpreted as a pallbearer’s task (which is how this song was used in the Bee Gees/Peter Frampton musical adaptation of Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band), as well as the heavy burden on the remaining Beatles after Paul’s death.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This is fascinating. So who is supposed to be playing the part of Fake Paul since the real one died decades ago?

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
Brian Jones was a sacrificial offering.

Jimi Hendrix committed suicide.

Jim Morrison was murdered (thought he was snorting coke, turned out it was extremely potent heroin).

All true btw.

Also, not music related but: both Lee Harvey Oswald AND John F. Kennedy were on LSD when the assassination, which was sort of orchestrated, took place. Bitch all you want but this prevented WW3.

Last edited:

forclosure

it seems like any person that dies in rap people start talking that they were a "sacrifice" megan thee stalions parents the most recent one,it was one of the many things brought up with Nipsey Hussle shit i saw a few people saying it with Lord Superb when he died

forclosure

[/QUOTE] Also, not music related but: both Lee Harvey Oswald AND John F. Kennedy were on LSD when the assassination, which was sort of orchestrated, took place. Bitch all you want but this prevented WW3.[/QUOTE]

Tell that to the people who swear that JFK was the last honest president to go in the white house

IdleRich

IdleRich
This is fascinating. So who is supposed to be playing the part of Fake Paul since the real one died decades ago?
Someone who could come up with Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time - the strongest evidence there is that it aint the guy who wrote Yesterday (don't tell that was Lennon I don't care if it was). Someone called Billy Shears apparently...

In LaBour's telling, the stand-in was an "orphan from Edinburgh named William Campbell" whom the Beatles then trained to impersonate McCartney. Others contended that the man's name was William Shears Campbell, later abbreviated to Billy Shears, and the replacement was instigated by Britain's MI5 out of concern for the severe distress McCartney's death would cause the Beatles' audience. In this latter telling, the surviving Beatles were said to be wracked by guilt at their duplicity, and therefore left messages in their music and album artwork to communicate the truth to their fans

IdleRich

IdleRich
What about the thing with Gram Parsons? What's the story? Something about how when he died and they burned his body at the Joshua Tree it was either some kinda satanic ritual or else to cover up the mysterious circumstances of his death. I forget the details.