It's great when you're straight

luka

eh as if i reduce every conversation to a conspiracy theory leave it out. triggered.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I did say he was worse than you! But you do love a good conspiracy theory, that's hardly a secret.

luka

but benny turns every thread to rad fem. even ones where there is no possible connection to be made! it's a different thing. i just like conspiracy like i like jungle music.

luka

like this thread for instance which is about my 6 months booze free smartphone free purtian lifestyle no hippy weed no slouching

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
but benny turns every thread to rad fem. even ones where there is no possible connection to be made! it's a different thing. i just like conspiracy like i like jungle music.

Yeah it's cool, it wasn't a diss. Certainly provides some relief from endless threads about Trump, Brexit, mental illness and various wars in the Middle East.

Benny Bunter

What, things like "you can't force women to be engineers or men to be nurses"? Heavens to Betsy! Pass the smelling salts!

Er, I think theres quite a lot more to it than this mr tea, but happy to let this one lie by this point - well, maybe til the next time luke decides to stir the pot ;)

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
The problem with the whole focus on Cathy Newman's performance as a journalist is that it lays bare double standards of the most obvious kind. The issue is not whether she's a good interviewer or not; it's why this is even considered an issue in 'evaluating' the abuse she received.

It's fine and barely ever remarked on for Paxman or Snow to do badly researched, leading, hectoring interviews (and the standards they keep to are generally low), but as soon as a woman does the same thing, suddenly everything else drops away and the focus is all upon her, with the alarming subtext, sometimes articulated and sometime non-articulated, that the misogynist abuse directed at her is something she brought upon herself/her fault. As if misogynist abuse is something that is regrettable and horrible, but sometimes, y'know, if a woman doesn't perform an interview very well, that's just what happens and is kind of a result of her not being good at interviewing.

And then when this is pointed out, well of course that's not the case, of course we're not justifying the abuse in any way... but hey... there does still seem to remain some mysterious, ineffable connection between CN's skill as a journalist and the fact that men are making rape threats against her and calling her a bitch. And that's just life isn't it, nothing to do with us, no way...

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

Yeah, another good baboon post there.

Finally your attempt to implicate him in violent language and threats against Newman (which are obviously indefensible) is ridiculous. He spent the whole interview being respectful in the face of her aggressive condescension and afterwards made a public appeal for people not to harass her. .

Sorry, just one more thing i'd like to point out about JBP's supposed respectfulness:

luka

Jordan was so calmly situated in the positive masculine polarity, remaining unruffled and cheerful despite the intensity, that it neutralized her masculine attack and brought out the feminine. She did her job, and she enjoyed him.
0 replies 2 retweets 25 likes

luka

"Watch how he handles this girl… and watch how his solidity as a man, relieves her of the need to “be the man.” How that process makes her joyful… and (I would argue) turns her on."

Benny Bunter

"Watch how he handles this girl… and watch how his solidity as a man, relieves her of the need to “be the man.” How that process makes her joyful… and (I would argue) turns her on."

"Yeah. Cathy Newman is that kind of girl. She is not just a ditsy, dismissive “club chick.” She is an alpha female. She needed the “rub.” And she got it in healthy portions."

luka

Major Key To Transgenderism!!! Bisphenol A Creates Baphomets!!! Dangerous Gender Bending Plastics/Receipt/Aluminum Chemical Is In 90% American Blood!!!! Detox From Bisphenol A In 10 Days!!! Theory: Transgenderism Is Chemical-Based