Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
we're entering geopolitical deadlock cos everyone has dickpicks of everyone.

One shudders to think what kind of images or footage of Trump that someone, somewhere - quite possibly with the initials 'V.P.' - must be in possession of. :eek:

but seriously, imagine the force and power you have to go at someone like bezos, who, with all his wealth is one of the most powerful persons of this globe. now imagine how many smaller threats have been silenced this way.

Yeah, it's incredible. And while Bezos is admittedly the personification of one of the cuntier aspects of modern capitalism, I can't help but grudgingly admire the way he's effectively defused the threat by simply describing what the photos show by publishing verbatim the paper's blackmail attempt.

(Anyone else find it strangely heartwarming that, in 2019, there are people still unironically using the phrase "nether regions"?)

Last edited:

Leo

I do admire Bezos for doing that, but it goes beyond just doing the right thing. he's also punching back against an enemy who cost him half of his fortune, as well as giving a big middle finger to trump for all the president's ragging on the Washington post and siding with the saudis on Jamal Khashoggi.

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah Bezos said as much didn't he? Something along the lines of "If they can bully me they can bully anyone". Either way this is a kind of Alien vs Predator situation with no goodies isn't it? Although the Trump side is definitely more evil so maybe that's not quite right.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Maybe "better the devil you know than you devil you don't, but strongly suspect wants to trash the whole fucking world just for the sheer hell of it"?

Leo

51982109_10103281910077715_3607140464072851456_o.jpg

IdleRich

IdleRich
Smutty headlines are one of the few spheres of human endeavour which reached a high peak and maintained that level ever since.

IdleRich

IdleRich
This is a particularly good one as as well as being a childish innuendo it coincidentally describes the story as well.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Jeff Bezos really looks like the missing middle age member of the Goonies. Surely threatening to release nude photos of him is also blackmailing the whole world?

Leo

This is a particularly good one as as well as being a childish innuendo it coincidentally describes the story as well.

that's the true genius of a great tabloid headline, something that's elevated above being just another cheeky pun.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Jeff Bezos really looks like the missing middle age member of the Goonies. Surely threatening to release nude photos of him is also blackmailing the whole world
Jezebel quoted a source as saying "It's big" - if that might change your mind...

Leo

a friend on FB writes..

My 2019 would be officially made if one of the Democratic candidates spent their whole primary campaign campaigning against Mike Pence on the assumption Trump will not be in office in November 2020. It would be the ultimate troll, as Trump has no idea what to do when 100% ignored."

that would be hilarious, he hates not being the center of attention.

Leo

photoshopped version of trump sans combover hair and fake sun tan...aka, what he really looks like. (EDIT: apologies for not knowing how to make this frightening image smaller...)

Trump_hair copy.jpg

IdleRich

IdleRich
As he is he looks totally fucking weird. But he does stand out. If he looked like in that picture he would just be another one of those vaguely sinister suits you see any time you get a picture from Washington. So maybe from his point of view it's job done.

version

Meanwhile, in Italy

GREETINGS BATTLE BROTHERS I AM NEW. HOLDS UP BOLTER MY NAME IS SERGEANT ARGUS BUT YOU CAN CALL ME BATTLE BROTHER. AS YOU CAN SEE I AM VERY LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR. THAT IS WHY I HAVE COME HERE, TO MEET OTHER BATTLE BROTHERS WHO ARE LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR LIKE MYSELF. I AM 127 YEARS OF AGE ( PRAISE THE EMPEROR) I LIKE TO PURGE HERETICS AND XENO SCUM WITH MY BATTLE BROTHERS ( I LOVE MY BATTLE BROTHERS, IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THAT THE DEAL WITH IT) IT IS OUR FAVORITE ACTIVITY BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR. ALL MY BATTLE BROTHERS ARE LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR TOO OF COURSE, BUT I WANT TO MEET MORE LOYAL SERVANTS OF THE EMPEROR. LIKE THE EMPEROR ONCE SAID, THE MORE THE MERRIER. I HOPE TO BOND WITH A LARGE AMOUNT OF LOYAL SERVANTS OF THE EMPEROR SO JOIN ME IN PRAISE OF THE EMPEROR. FAREWELL.

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

BATTLE BROTHER

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
GREETINGS BATTLE BROTHERS I AM NEW. HOLDS UP BOLTER MY NAME IS SERGEANT ARGUS BUT YOU CAN CALL ME BATTLE BROTHER. AS YOU CAN SEE I AM VERY LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR. THAT IS WHY I HAVE COME HERE, TO MEET OTHER BATTLE BROTHERS WHO ARE LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR LIKE MYSELF. I AM 127 YEARS OF AGE ( PRAISE THE EMPEROR) I LIKE TO PURGE HERETICS AND XENO SCUM WITH MY BATTLE BROTHERS ( I LOVE MY BATTLE BROTHERS, IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THAT THE DEAL WITH IT) IT IS OUR FAVORITE ACTIVITY BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR. ALL MY BATTLE BROTHERS ARE LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR TOO OF COURSE, BUT I WANT TO MEET MORE LOYAL SERVANTS OF THE EMPEROR. LIKE THE EMPEROR ONCE SAID, THE MORE THE MERRIER. I HOPE TO BOND WITH A LARGE AMOUNT OF LOYAL SERVANTS OF THE EMPEROR SO JOIN ME IN PRAISE OF THE EMPEROR. FAREWELL.

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

BATTLE BROTHER

I wish I could Like this more than once.

IdleRich

IdleRich
It's hard to know how much truth there is to this sort of thing, but this wouldn't surprise me at all:
That kinda sounds like bollocks seeing as BP got chased out of Russia by the oligarchs precisely cos there was no international law that they could fall back on when the Russians started breaking the rules.
Anyway, what about the National Emergency? Will he make it stick? What are the consequences if he does/doesn't? Is it gonna trip him up the bit about how he "doesn't need it"?

droid

Nah, thats more or less OTM. Look at the alliance, Trump, Russia, the Saudis... the three biggest oil producers. Its all about predatory delay. Pump the oil and gas for as long as possible, raking in the profits and preventing the shift to renewables that would bankrupt their economies.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It's funny how "British Petroleum" springs back to life sometimes when someone wants to make a point - no such company has existed since 1998, and while BP is still headquartered in London, it's mainly American-owned these days. Obama did the same thing after the big spill in the Gulf of Mexico a few years ago.