John Bolton - Dark Lord of the Shit?

rewch

john bolton is a very scary man... almost makes Feith look left wing... also has a most spectacular wig!
0829-03.jpg

and had a classic off the record altercation with john pilger during filming for truth & lies in the war against terror which you can view here

anyone one with a wig like that can't be all bad, can they?

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden
Yeah, but he lost his job, and everybody knew he was ridiculous, which makes him not scary at all.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
i would guess he was sacked because he expressed his views in public, rather than for holding those views and influencing policy. he's not that extreme for a neo-con, he just wasn't very good at propaganda bit (lie+lie+lie=truth)

turtles

in the sea
rewch said:
it really is fine isn't it? looks as if it might decide to jump up & attack someone...
jon stewart last night, showing a picture of bolton: and jon bolton, seen here after drinking an enormous glass of milk...

polystyle

J B

worse then Sith - he's a real person.
His marketing's showing some wear and tear tho'.
Is that wig steel wool ? or just looks that way

polystyle

Use handle and flush ...

Bolton's nomination is not at all a done deal , glad to say .
Last night after hours of heated exchange , the Senate falied to close off debate on Bush's nomination of John B to post of Ambassador to the UN.
It would have taken 60 votes - the Repuglicans got 56.

Not that I'm a lover of the UN , mind you , but Bolton gets an F for people skills .

rewch

hoped it might not happen, but it seems president bush is nothing if not loyal... or rather rewards nothing if not loyalty & so the UN is about to see the most spectacular wig ever... hooray for big hair... hooray for artificial tonsure... george clinton for kofi annan's successor!

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden
Is it up to me, again, to ask "what is the big deal here?"

Bolton's a div, I grant you, and was rubbish in his last job, even copmpared to the utterly rubbish State Dept for which he worked, but on this unique push-through he'll be UN ambassador for 14 months or something, after which he'll probab;y be dumped seeing as he couldn't be nominated via normal channels

in which time he'll either be ignored and ridiculed or give the UN a kick up the arse, neither of which will be disasterous.

I mean, the UN as peace keepers...the more you think about it the more absurd it gets. It's very structure dooms it to failure. (That was not an elegant sentence. Apologies.)

rewch

agreed he's hardly likely to be there for long... on the reform issue i find it hard to believe he'll achieve anything useful... but you never know... perhaps inviting the world at large to laugh at the us administration will be a good thing, but it's hardly respectful is it? would be like making prince philip ambassador to greece... or something... one has to ask why - other than the reward of loyalty - bush didn't just put him out to pasture somewhere a little more below the parapet? unless of course bush regards him as inherently dangerous & needs to allow bolton to destroy his credibility even more... but seriously i find this man exceptionally unpleasant... & don't see what purpose his appointment serves... seems it'll make the supreme court appointment even more difficult for bush, but on the other hand the domestic us political scene is deeply opaque to me... feck knows

craner

Beast of Burden
Oh great! Them!

Here're the geopolitical facts, fact fans:

Bolton is a schmuck.

Condi is a total darling.

Who's that girl?

wcondi0806.jpg