Rolling Ganja Thread

PeteUM

It's all grist
oh.

i... didn't think that was you all this time at all! no really i didn't. (i did)

I'm not saying I look like Phil Collins, because I don't, right, but I do maybe ever so slightly look like my avatar. I did meet IdleRich the other week and he asked me quite cautiously (or so I thought) who it was...

zhao

there are no accidents

how was i supposed to know what phil collins looked like in highschool!

officially out of weed now. alex you wanna go to the park tomorrow?

edit: confused you with someone else alex... don't worry i'm not completely insane

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden
Hate it. Don't go near the stuff, for fear of turning into a giggling lunatic. Luka can testify to this.

petergunn

plywood violin
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

luka

when craner smokes its really entertaining for everyone else.
he tries to speak and only a garbled elvish emerges from his mouth.....
when i was back in london i was smoking big skunk spliffs in the centre of town as the office workers walked home for the evening and no one seemed put out, although i was quite drunk as well so i wouldn't have noticed. the 86 bus always had a gaggle of teenage boys smoking in the back in the early afternoon.

PeteUM

It's all grist
Hate it. Don't go near the stuff, for fear of turning into a giggling lunatic. Luka can testify to this.

The giggling lunacy is what I miss from my first days of smoking. Now all I get is the fear and excellent production standards.

PeteUM

It's all grist
The giggling lunacy is what I miss from my first days of smoking. Now all I get is the fear and excellent production standards.

Actually when I say excellent production standards I mean a greatly enhanced ability to hear the flaws in my music, and a patience to edit out and tinker with born of being too stoned to do anything else.

CHAOTROPIC

on account
I'd love to smoke but my lungs can't take it. Never got the trick. All the musicians I work with smoke like chimneys of course.

My bass player took pity on me a little while ago & made some hash cookies. Fucking horrible experience ... gobbled half a plateful expecting a nice happy buzz before going out. He might as well have submerged me in wet compost: I couldn't move or speak for about three hours. Even after I slept it off it was hard to walk :eek: Shockingly STRONG stuff.

Is it worth perservering with? The only drugs I've found that change the way I percieve or make music are acid & K (not together), but they're hardly suitable for social music making.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I'd love to smoke but my lungs can't take it. Never got the trick. All the musicians I work with smoke like chimneys of course.

My bass player took pity on me a little while ago & made some hash cookies. Fucking horrible experience ... gobbled half a plateful expecting a nice happy buzz before going out. He might as well have submerged me in wet compost: I couldn't move or speak for about three hours. Even after I slept it off it was hard to walk :eek: Shockingly STRONG stuff.

Is it worth perservering with? The only drugs I've found that change the way I percieve or make music are acid & K (not together), but they're hardly suitable for social music making.

Eating it you get a much stronger hit, worth nibbling a corner a la Alice and keep going til you've reached your happy median.

vimothy

yurp
Yeah, weed is the one if you're sat in front of a computer tweaking loops for hours on end.

Chaotropic: it's a lot stronger when you eat it. My advice would be, next time, just have one.

zhao

there are no accidents
it's a lot stronger when you eat it.

it is? from my experience, which is only a couple of times, it just takes and maybe lasts longer, and the high doesn't kick in, like with a bong hit, as much as slowly crawl over you.

vaporizer. i need to get one of them.

CHAOTROPIC

on account
I think so.

Vaporizers is good for the hash, BTW. Smooth.

Yeah, that's what my housemates said. Sounds like a great idea actually ... I like the idea of being able to dose that accurately too. Jives with my unfortunate hardwired Anglo protestantism (A USEFUL dose, for WORK).

Does anyone know if there's any way of whacking dope into those little fake-cigarette vapourisers with the cute little LED glowing ends? That would be PERFECT.

for at least an hour and a half after a session i'm pretty much no good to anyone in any social setting. not good when minding the kids and i seem to be doing that a lot lately so not been chuffing much at all. even resisted having any at home so if i do want/need to, i roll round to the rellies place on my own for the evening.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
I blaze more than you, at the table eat more than you....

.... Or actually no, not really. I've smoked hash about 4 times ever, the last time being this January. Somewhat keen to do it again soon, possibly at my stoner-ish friends' Halloween party. I'm def all in favour of it as an experience, as long as it's not an habitual thing.
On the topic of the title-pun, I do need to learn how to actually roll joints properly. :eek:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
i'm rubbish at it, but i learned a passable attempt when rolling about 100 cigarettes one after the other while helping out at a shelter one Xmas. That was unforseen.