Rolling Ganja Thread

Leo

hash is pretty hard to find and expensive in the states, which is why i love visiting my friend in barcelona, where supply seems to be plentiful and reasonably affordable. he puts it in with tobacco and rolls it as a cig, a little harsh to inhale but does the trick.

one time he made hash brownies and figured he'd increase the amount called for in the recipe...we ate 'em down and OMG, got fucking high as a kite. we had to sit down on the floor for fear of falling.

vimothy

yurp
The Spanish way of rolling is a bit off, if you ask me, which you didn't. Cigarette tobacco for the roach? Eewww.

Pestario

tell your friends
we had to sit down on the floor for fear of falling.

hahaha this sort of thing brings me back to my stoner days

Don't smoke much anymore these days but when I do have the occasional puff of someone else's joint I find I get so stoned so quickly that it's uncomfortable. The progress (or regress) into paranoia comes much more quickly too. The short period of high just seems to foreshadow the dooom.

zhao

there are no accidents
we had to sit down on the floor for fear of falling.

must post this vid again.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

zhao

there are no accidents
Yeah it's def weird! I'm not too keep on too much tobacco in spliffs either

in this report i will detail the differences between the spliff smoking habits of europeans and north americans

america:

• no tobacco only weed in small joints
• concentrated smoke session, fast and constantly looking over shoulders
• hold smoke in lungs as long as possible
• 1 hit per person and then pass no exceptions

europe:

• tobacco with weed in big paper blunt
• smoke slow and chilled
• no holding smoke in lungs
• each person takes a few hits before passing

personal note: i like both but when at home i do it american style.

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
in parts of the Eastern Cape in South Africa 'dagga' grows all over the place. guys walk along the seafront selling it by the binliner. it's weak but nice... and you NEVER run out...

...amusing to think it's practically legal in California.. or is it just Los Angeles? people apply for those licenses and they get the most ridiculously high grades....medicinal grades... sheeit..

petergunn

plywood violin
in this report i will detail the differences between the spliff smoking habits of europeans and north americans

america:

1 hit per person and then pass no exceptions

nah nah

PUFF PUFF PASS...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

have to say, the only part of yr observations that are true is in the states tobacco in the joint is frowned upon... tho, obv alot of people still smoke blunts...

america:

• 1 hit per person and then pass no exceptions

europe:

• tobacco with weed in big paper blunt
• smoke slow and chilled
• no holding smoke in lungs
• each person takes a few hits before passing

personal note: i like both but when at home i do it american style.

Don't necessarily agree on the American methods, although perhaps where I am located(Boston) is just a more relaxed atmosphere. Or perhaps it may just be my friends who choose to surround themselves with such quantities as to not have to worry about sharing or getting the absolute most out of a hit...

The no tobacco thing is big here though, with the best skunk why would I want to water it down and make it taste terrible?

Weirdest thing though is smoking bong hits in Germany with tobacco mixed in...almost not fun the head rush is so strong for me(a non cigarette smoker)

optimum

Poochie
Haha, I've known people who do 'baccy bongs', for the head rush/cos they've run out of weed. Zhao, your US/Europe report is more or less true. I've always been quite partial to two and pass, but it's not really done here (Ldn). I stopped smoking fags earlier in the year, but still put a little in spliffs, seems to burn better/habit. Perfect ratio would be 85%/15% roughly. If I could afford it I would smoke blunts a lot more.

luka

australians put tobbacco in bongs as a matter of course. they wouldn't have it any other way. new zealanders on the other hand will immediately sever all contact with you if you so much as suggest mixing your weed with tobacco.

zhao

there are no accidents
...amusing to think it's practically legal in California.. or is it just Los Angeles? people apply for those licenses and they get the most ridiculously high grades....medicinal grades... sheeit..

oh yes that shit was the best. i never got it together enough to go get a license, which i heard was easy, just say you have chronic (har har) headaches. but this kid from work used to supply me with his license (anxiety - for which weed being a cure is questionable to say the LEAST), because the limit is like a QP every 2 weeks or something REDICULOUS like that. prices for different grades went from the normal 35/8th to 200/8th. but i never tried the high grade, regrettably. in the clinic they have rooms with game cubes, live jazz on thursdays, and holographic posters... the state is always trying to shut them down though. when they find a small excuse they do raids, in hope of finding a reason to shut a clinic down for ever.

the most amazing way to smoke though, i have heard from one of the drummers from one of Fela's giant band/tribes in the 70s. this is what you do:

take about 3 large rubbish bags full of the best shit you can find, and put in a big clay caldron. add liquids according to a specific recepe: juices, alcohol, honey, etc, and fill it to the brim. now light a small fire under and put that shit on slow cook. for about 2 weeks. at the end of which all that weed and liquids have become a dense, black ball of pure evil about the size of a bowling ball. they say you take 1 hit from that and you are high for a week. that you go to sleep high and wake up even higher. that you drink a glass of water and get higher.

now that is some badass motherfucking shit right there. not to mention efficient and effective. damn.

zhao

there are no accidents
nah nah

PUFF PUFF PASS...

there are of course regional differences. my experience in LA and NYC has always been 1 hit and "...ere". and how would the refrain in this tune sound if it was PUFF PASS, PUFF PASS? not very good.

luka

in london if you got two people you smoke half a zoot then pass, three people, a third and pass
much more civilized if you ask me

craner

Beast of Burden
There's such a massive nerdy side to all this. How do you smoke it? Where's it sourced? Boring!

continuum

smugpolice
as someone said above tobacco with weed makes it last longer and burn better. preference is for rolling tobacco over cigarette tobacco as it burns slower. perhaps the tobacco mixing in the uk came about as you used to be only able to get solid hash and very rarely get any weed/skunk. this all changed though and now its almost impossible to get hash. i'm guessing the tobacco adding is a hangover from this?

a friend of mine from wales (who smokes more than anyone I know - literally constantly) taught me a way of smoking hash in a bong which improves it strength somehow. you take a saucepan and heat it gently over a hob. then you add some tobacco and just as it starts to smoke you grind it up with your fingers into a powder. then you burn off hash into the saucepan with the powdered tobacco in it and grind the hash and tobacco together so eventually you get a powder "mix" of tobacco and hash. this would then be emptied into a small bowl and set on a table to be shared. one hit off a bong would wipe you out in the best possible way!