Alcoholic hot drinks

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
Intrigued by the special brew with cherry liquer, but I've always been of the opinion that it and the humble tennents purple tin should be as seedy as possible. Ie. don't put it in a glass, dont refridgerate.

You'll be pleased to know the first one was made by pouring the liquer into the can.

You'll be pleased to know the first one was made by pouring the liquer into the can.

I admire your salt of the earth sensibilities. Speaking of special brew, I've decided that tesco's 7.9% beer is much nicer. Surprisingly close to real beer. But I suppose this goes against my seediness theory.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Surprisingly close to real beer.

They should definitely use that as their advertising slogan.

I remember being told about this beer in the States (maybe someone can help me out with the brand...hope it isn't apocryphal) that was sold with the slogan "The beer for when you're drinking more than one".

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It struck me the other day that if you were an adolescent delinquent in a festive mood, you might try mulling Buckfast. Of course someone's got there before me: I give you mulled Bucky, or 'muckfast':

Dscf1607.jpg

http://www.strungoutwire.com/photos/newyear0607/index.html

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Same thing, basically. 'Mulling' refers to the addition of fruit, spices, sugar and spirits. You can mull ale and cider too (also known as 'wassail').

muser

i drank way too much whiskey this past week, not warm though often with ginger wine. my body hurts in most places