Karma is a bitch !

i dont know why things happen to good people unless the lesson is to be learnt is by others.

we just had a case in the news of a 2yr old crawling into a drain and despite the best efforts of the police to locate her (having searched the drain 3times) they didnt find her for a week and naturally she was dead when they did. the parents seem like good people, there was never any suspicion of foul play on their part, there was some suspicion of others due to her last sighting but in the end i was relieved to think that unwatchful parents were to blame rather than knowing there was some paedo serial killer loose in the community.

my point is how else can you explain their loss and believe in karma if they did no wrong. i also have friends of my in laws who suffered watching their mother/wife die horribly from a debilitating disease.

when bad shit happens to you do you think you deserve it and is karma payable through the 'sins of the father' type of thing, whereby if you pass on the karma it comes back to effect your loved ones ??

D

droid

Oh - you're from New Zealand are you? Thats interesting.

Twat.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
If you did believe in karma you could say that those people are being punished for something they did in a previous life. I don't believe that though

i dont believe in previous lives. i do believe in streams of consciousness that can get polluted over generations. like if you picked up unhealthy attitudes towards others from your parents and genetic memory where by the lives you thought you led were your ancestors and you inherited memories from them.

i've always wondered about karma credit where you can store karma points in a karma bank such that if you cause harm it only affects you negatively if your credit is in arrears cos sometimes the karmic punishment seems to severe as in the cases previously mentioned.

does karma come in to play online ?

the thing being, if you dont learn the lessons of the past you're doomed to endlessly repeat them. after dying either by your own choice or by some others hand. you come back more enlightened or as a worse incarnation of your former self.

it is possible for your current incarnation to be polluted in thought by your antecedents, the memories of which can halt your progress but ultimately you will be judged by your works in your current life or is it 'the sins of the father' you inherit and are forever judged by?

karma is like a one shot thing though isn't it? or is it like the parable of Job whereby you're just a pawn in a higher machination and faith makes suffering the insults of others, more god and devil like, noble ?

i'm quite forgiving of others, more so than myself.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
karma is like a one shot thing though isn't it? or is it like the parable of Job whereby you're just a pawn in a higher machination and faith makes suffering the insults of others, more god and devil like, noble ?

My understanding of karma is that it isn't a one shot thing, far from it.

If you imagine every action you made, in every single one of your past lives, and every action you will make, in your future lives, then you cannot even begin to understand the consequences those actions will have had, or will have, for yourself or others around you. This would be the beginning of realising that you have no control over your own karma, only the will to try and understand that you have no control over it. This would be the first lesson in a beginning of an understanding of having no control over your understanding of karma, and so it goes on, and so it goes on.

Going away somewhere quiet and reading and thinking about it would be much better than talking about it though.

echevarian

babylon sister
Dude from the Hell Science Dept., same guy who trolled the fuck out of the Dubstep Forum and ILX's dubstep threads.

I think his weed consumption must have gone up, he used to be a lot more coherent.