Modafinil/Smart Drugs

CHAOTROPIC

on account
bump - any adderall fans in the house?

I was thinking of getting some of that just to see what it's like - it's pure amphetamine isn't it? Can you buy in online reliably?

But I gave up speed a month ago so I probably shouldn't ...

slowtrain

I don't think you can get adderall in NZ (someone please prove me wrong?)

but that reminds I want to try some ritalin for bashing out this weeks essssay

luka

Don't you find interesting how in late capitalism drug abuse focus shifts from "getting wasted", "chilling" etc. towards "getting concentrated", "perform better" etc?

bruce sterling said this would happen but i dont think it has. unless you count coffee. but thats not very new.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It's funny, when coffee first kicked off in England in the 17th century it was the drink/drug of choice for all kinds of radicals, intellectuals, political reformers, religious dissidents and so on. Like speed for the Beats and weed/acid for the hippies. You had these clubs and informal debating societies that formed in coffee shops, I guess the forerunners of think tanks and pressure groups.

Get many radicals in your cafe, luka?

luka

quite the opposite. we have the most reactionary clientele in australia. i do have one communist but otherwise certainly not. its very good for me. its easy to think the whole world thinks like you do unless youre in these kinds of enviroments.

luka

its a wonderful talking drug though and i lvoe talking. conversation is easily my favourite thing. it always has been.

you

I was thinking of getting some of that just to see what it's like - it's pure amphetamine isn't it? Can you buy in online reliably?

But I gave up speed a month ago so I probably shouldn't ...

well I have found some sites online selling it, I'd quite like to get some tbh.

It's a mix of 4 psychoactive amp salts - a girl gave me some a while back and I just had such a clear head on the 'come-down' bit - I'd like to mix it with libraries.

feel free to pm me a reliable online source...

Bangpuss

Think I still have some Modafinil from when I was taking exams. That's not speed though. More like a mix between coffee and head-strengthener.

Bangpuss

You what? Do you mean coke?

No. There is no real word to describe a drug that makes you able to concentrate better that doesn't make you grind your teeth (other than 'smart drug', which is kind of misleading since I don't thinker they actually make you smarter per se), which is what I mean by 'head strengthener'.

Head strengthener. n. Substance which helps put one's noggin to better use as a retainer of information

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Oh, it sounded like a play on being 'headstrong', which I thought was fairly apt for the old marching powder.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The original and best 'smart drug':

6463706_std.jpg

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

mind_philip

saw the light
Recently started taking 200mg of L Theanine with a strong coffee when I either need to concentrate or have some of my anxious edges knocked off. Lasts a couple of hours and the effect is small but noticeable. Takes away most of the jitters leaving a slightly cool, slightly woolly feeling in the chest. From what I've read, only works if your baseline anxiety is already high, and obvs impossible to say whether it's just the placebo effect.

mixed_biscuits

Recently started taking 200mg of L Theanine with a strong coffee when I either need to concentrate or have some of my anxious edges knocked off. Lasts a couple of hours and the effect is small but noticeable. Takes away most of the jitters leaving a slightly cool, slightly woolly feeling in the chest. From what I've read, only works if your baseline anxiety is already high, and obvs impossible to say whether it's just the placebo effect.
If you need nigh-on unlimited powers of attention, do dual n-back in the mornings - no need to pill-pop. Might take a while for it to start working tho'

It can also work for anxiety.

sus

Should I reorder modafinil Y/N

Should I go on a week-long modafinil binge and write my entire NaNoWriMo 30k opus on Dissensus, across many threads simultaneously