FarmVille

Leo

http://www.farmville.com/main.php

immryr's "go" thread got me wondering about a new online craze: what do you make of farmville?

i've just heard about it, never investigated myself, but apparently it's a huge fad with millions of alienated cityfolk (and others) playing to chill out and get back to nature and their own sense of nurturing...or some such bullshit. funny, cuz anyone who grew up on a real farm will tell you what an absolute ballbuster it is, hardly a relaxing endeavor.

4linehaiku

Repetitive
Farmville and the 'hide all updates from this application' option on Facebook are the best pairing since cheese and pickle.
It's also pretty crazy that selling tiny virtual yams or whatever to people for real money is a practical (and apparently extremely lucrative) business model.
Haven't actually played it though, so maybe the tiny virtual yams are genuinely great and life enhancing, who knows?

run_time

I tried Mafia wars for a while which is Farmville's less peaceful cousin...I found it painfully addictive with constant checking of Facebook for the opportunity to complete tasks. Eventually went cold turkey...