Breaking Bad

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
its not just he repition of scenarios, theres no regard for the physics... people talk about the physics of a computer game. this is a show with no regard for physics to the point where the laziness is insulting. sound does not travel in this show. shouted conversations go unheard by people behind a thin wall. how did skinny jesse get out of that nazi cage? the writers knew it was impossible so they just refused to show it. that is beyond lazy it is unforgivable.

he is part-chimpanzee - subplot in the first series.

yeah, that was the nadir of the plotting, one of the occasions I shouted at the TV because I felt so shortchanged. Plus, he got caught, so there was never any need for it.

I started enjoying Breaking Bad a lot more when I realised its a cartoon show compared to The Wire - its basically a ridiculous show, like ''The Shield'' (even more so, even), but its still fantastically gripping. The plotting IS mechanical, in that everything is set up so that Walter can descend into the depths, but its fun to experience that mechanism in action.

I think Season 5 has been much better than Season 4 was, probably because its ramped up the action and there's less of Walter's annoying family. I dunno if its misogynist to hate Skylar/Skylar's face, but I do.

I ate it up at the time but it’s cheap isn’t it. It’s nowhere near the sophisticated worlds of the wire or sopranos where you can dip in at any point. That granny puncher dubstep car scene is so bad. Sopranos had these jarring deviations too I suppose, I’m thinking about Paulie and the Hail Mary or the dream sequences, but they never felt whimsical or staples on like that, there was a menace and meaning to them

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I’ve no desire to go back to again because it’s plot reliant
Like the reliably unreliable SUV that always broke down at the moment required for maximum dramatic tension, before they managed to get it started again just when the Feds/cartel guys were about to show up.

luka

the plotting is easily the worst ive ever seen. how many tims does that stupid camper van break down to create a bit of tension. all the fucking time that's how often. everything is repeated time and time again, its beyond lazy, its mechanical
plagarism

raljax

Jonathan Banks is in 'Constellation'. First two eps. directed by BB's Michelle MacLaren. Haven't seen it yet.
Strangely enjoyed or at least engaged most with BB when I was forcing myself to watch it during Season 1 because I couldn't get into it.
Like the feeling of watching super-slow arthouse even tho you weren't.
I'd take 'Better Call Saul' over it but was interesting to watch the evolution.