Spotify Playlists

slim jenkins

El Hombre Invisible
'The Phantom' has struck a chord with a lot of people who picked up that list....not surprisingly.

Most covered tune in jazz is probably 'Summertime'. I imagine a Spot check for that would produce a huge list. I honestly couldn't stand hearing another version.

Do you mention 'Autumn Leaves' by chance, or did you read a piece about it somewhere? ;)

I presume you've heard Miles' 'Jack Johnson' sessions? That's the funkiest stuff he ever made.

jenks

thread death
A first stab at Keith Jarrett playlist - inspired by his new album with Charlie Hayden - there is so much i could have put on that i ended up concentrating on 'standards' - be interested to hear what people feel is missing.

the Blue Note sessions are amongst my favourite all time recordings and The Fire Within just is Desert Island Disc time:

jenks

thread death
No, ignore Luka and read the damn thing. The formula may be familiar, but the style is less grating than Cold 6000 and it's worth it just for Hoover as senile jive-talker obsessed with the subversive potential of Tighten Up by Archie Bell & the Drells.

I ignored Luka and was glad I did - much better than I expected and very slightly surreal - all that stuff in Dom Rep with assassins with wings?!?

slim jenkins

El Hombre Invisible
A first stab at Keith Jarrett playlist - inspired by his new album with Charlie Hayden - there is so much i could have put on that i ended up concentrating on 'standards' - be interested to hear what people feel is missing.

the Blue Note sessions are amongst my favourite all time recordings and The Fire Within just is Desert Island Disc time:

Great stuff.
I've sent you (via Spotify) one of my favourite recent Jarrett discoveries.

jenks

thread death
Great stuff.
I've sent you (via Spotify) one of my favourite recent Jarrett discoveries.

Thanks for that - Up For It is a very fine album by the trio - the latest Charlie Hayden thing is very good - despite being a studio album it feels like a live one.

luka

well i thought it was a sentimental piece of shit but each to their own and all that.

slim jenkins

El Hombre Invisible
Thanks for that - Up For It is a very fine album by the trio - the latest Charlie Hayden thing is very good - despite being a studio album it feels like a live one.

It's hard to say he made a 'bad' track IMO...just a matter of whether you're in the mood for it.

jenks

thread death
You'd called me twee elsewhere - I do have a penchant for the sentimental - something for which I am unrepentant. Liked your recent bird poem btw

luka

I DIDN'T CALL YOU TWEE! how outrageous! i was talking about the thing you were recommending i cant remember what it was. the bird poem is pretty good thank you but its a notebook poem.