Spotify Playlists

luka

am i just getting bored of ellroy or was that one weaker than any of the others?

slim jenkins

El Hombre Invisible
just about to listen to this while reading the new ellroy.

trust it won't mellow my harsh

What's a 'harsh'?

Reading PKD or WB or even Asimov might be more appropriate. I have done a 'noir' one, though, which'll I'll throw to the lions later.

Glad you're into it, Ach! Lists...always hit and miss, aren't they?

crackerjack

What's a 'harsh'?

The sense that the world is a vicious hateful place with no room for music, melody, or joy of any kind. Often comes from reading Ellroy.

am i just getting bored of ellroy or was that one weaker than any of the others?

The former, I guess. This one certainly seems more readable Cold 6000, or maybe my need for proper sentences has been dulled by the intervening years of email, texting and dissensus.

luka

i much preferred cold 6000.... in fact that might be my favourite of his.... that or american tabloid....seeemed on autopilot wth this one....

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
A couple posted earlier:

(Johnny Rotten meets Tommy Vance playlist)
(smaller clubs selection as from Dissensus thread with a couple of adds)

Last edited:

jenks

thread death
i much preferred cold 6000.... in fact that might be my favourite of his.... that or american tabloid....seeemed on autopilot wth this one....

Yeah when he was touring this new one he didn't exactly sell it as a great piece of work - i loved 6000 for its sheer bloody intensity - rover is not really tempting me despite having read the other two books in the trilogy.

crackerjack

Yeah when he was touring this new one he didn't exactly sell it as a great piece of work - i loved 6000 for its sheer bloody intensity - rover is not really tempting me despite having read the other two books in the trilogy.

No, ignore Luka and read the damn thing. The formula may be familiar, but the style is less grating than Cold 6000 and it's worth it just for Hoover as senile jive-talker obsessed with the subversive potential of Tighten Up by Archie Bell & the Drells.

jenks

thread death
Glad you liked it.

Here's one I made earlier (as the TV chefs like to say)...er...cookin' with some jazz...

As someone who dips in and out of Jazz and really doesn't know as much as he should about it, this is a supernice bit of work - loving the The Phantom by Duke Pearson - someone I know nothing about.

As I think I have mentioned before, I am generally a solo piano/piano trio kinda guy with funky Miles thrown in for good measure (and maybe a side order of Kenny Wheeler) so these cool combos from a golden age of groovy jazz are a breath of fresh air - even Killer Joe which i have heard murdered almost as often as Autumn Leaves!