grave

Was at Arsenal v Villa on Sunday and sung:

"We've only got one Song, we've only got one Song".

mos dan

fact music
FC United have some of the best chants, give them a search on Youtube.

i saw afc play them in a pre-season friendly but i'm afraid to say we couldn't hear united sing (nooo, nooo). there were only about 50 of them to be fair.

can anyone possibly translate any of this

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

...i don't speak italian. also this, is it anti-berlusconi?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

am i right in thinking 'pdm' means 'pezzo di merda' which means 'fuck off', broadly? i enjoyed this too

do you think if i went to livorno it'd be easy to get a ticket somewhere decent?

Last edited:

scottdisco

rip this joint please
scott i don't get the calcio - left-wing reference, sorry! indulge me..? :) i can never remember which italian fans are mostly neo-fascists.. a lot of them, right?

sorry Dan i was being a bit facetious re tifosi stereotypes, as it looks like you accurately inferred :cool:

i believe that there is a growing number of neo-fash among the Roma ranks (w the caveat that Lazio are the Roman club traditionally associated w rightwing politics among the fan-base, granted), and can you say the same of elements at Inter?

i think one or two other northern clubs have a rep among elements, maybe Atalanta, or indeed jenks mentioned them, Verona? (this is vague recollections of reading down the years, no sources to hand, my fuzzy brain seems to think Atalanta or Verona, could be total bollocks of course!)

Bologna being a stereotypical left-liberal uni city, i imagine their fans are the opposite. (ouch, i sound well dodgy w these broad-brushstrokes, but, eh.)

i haven't been to many games outside Britain either, one league match apiece at Bayern (it's common to smell weed all the time at lower league British games because security is so lax, but i was surprised - maybe i'm naive - to smell so much at the Allianz), AC, Barcelona (they dicked on Valencia 4-0, toys/pram from Villa), and, er, DC United (!) - the atmosphere there in terms of chanting etc (obviously continental mainland Europe bosses it wrt flares etc) was better than those big leagues, lot of Hispanic Americans going absolutely batshit crazy in one section, top laugh :)