scottdisco

rip this joint please
it's Boxing Day in the UK, which means shrugging off hangovers and traveling distance to go and watch two shit football teams, somewhere

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i can't stand Liverpool FC, but you can't deny this is hairs on neck fare

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

R's fans adapted the below from United on Rooney but i think this analysis of the magyar is superior to the Shrek hymn

i particularly like how some of the Rangers fans shout out HOOPS during intervals of that last one

Last edited:

scottdisco

rip this joint please
the legendary Everton baby

BLOOZ BLOOZ BLOOZ

Last edited:

scottdisco

rip this joint please

from the wrong side of the Pennines (sorry any Yorkshire heads ;) )

to

more Merseyside toddlers

Last edited:

mos dan

fact music
really wish there were more proper SONGS in english football chanting.. less of the 'wimbledon wimbledon wimbledon / wimbledon wimbledon wimblederrrrn' 'united/united/united'. show some imagination for fuck's sake.

more stuff like this, which i am becoming increasingly obsessed with

bella ciao lyrics and history http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bella_ciao

mos dan

fact music
:D

The Champagne Song

We are Wombles, We are Wombles,
We are Wombles, From the Lane,
We are Wombles, Super Wombles,
We are Wombles, From the Lane.

We drink Champagne, We snort Cocaine,
We've got ladies, over 'ere,
You've got shit jobs, you shag your dogs,
And your wife is on the game

We drink Campari, We drive Ferraris,
We've got ladies, over 'ere
You drink John Smiths, you're all blacksmiths,
And your toilet's out the rear

We wear Gucci, we wear Armani,
We've got cashmere over here,
You've got shell suits, wellington boots,
And your fashion's soooooo last year.

'you're all blacksmiths' makes me LOL every time.

don_quixote

Trent End

yoooou reds

martin

----
"Get - out - yer riot gear / the Yids are 'ere, the Yids are 'ere"

"Arsenal are running / Chelsea running too / Tottenham are running / We're running after you"

"Two black eyes and a broken nose / We are Tottenham...AGGRO"

"Chim chimeny, chim chimeny, chim chim cheroo / We hate the bastards in claret and blue"

"Chim chimeny, chim chimeny, chim chim cheroo / Nayim was an arab and now he's a jew"

"Al Fayed, Fayed / your son is dead, Fayed"

"Arsenal win, Tottenham sing, Arsenal run away..."

"Where's yer famous / Where's yer famous / Where's yer famous ICF"

"We took the North Bank in half a minute / we did the Shed with the Chelsea in it /
we hammered the hammers with crowbars and spanners / kicked Millwall down the Old Kent Road...oi!"

"Bloke in the raincoat's blue and white army! (when g**rg* gr*h*m took over)

<i>Harry Roberts is our friend...</i> is always fun, but I'm not sure whether Millwall started it or just popularised it. Quite like Partick's <i>We're nothing but a football team / So fuck your pope and fuck your queen</i>. Luton had one, aimed at individual cops, that went <i>Oo's the geezer / oo's the geezer / with the nipple on his head?</i>

I think old skool Man U win though, with <i>We - hate - humans!</i>

Football violence is wrong, by the way.

Last edited:

benjybars

village elder.

yeah that's nice..

is that turin fans singing that yeah?

scottdisco

rip this joint please

yoooou reds

mist rolling in from the Trent is a classic

the ways Spuds build up 'when the Spurs go marching in' at the Lane, first slow and almost sombre, then getting fast, is good, i must say

non-league has a lot of very good, long, witty songs - probably to make up for the football :)

and the popularised-by-telly ditty..

They come fae near Lochgelly/They hivnae got a telly
They're dirty and they're smelly/The Cowden Family

scottdisco

rip this joint please

and i know the boy has left United now, but this is one of the better - and it's only a ditty i know - i think, one of the better ditties in certainly top flight British football in the last couple of seasons, catchy like

(i like how we're avoiding obvious ones like Blue Moon, Stoke's Delilah version, and bubbles - good as all those three examples are!)

Simon78

really wish there were more proper SONGS in english football chanting.. less of the 'wimbledon wimbledon wimbledon / wimbledon wimbledon wimblederrrrn' 'united/united/united'. show some imagination for fuck's sake.

more stuff like this, which i am becoming increasingly obsessed with

I love the Roma anthem.

Went to watch them the other month against Napoli but the away fans had been banned which was a shame as it was a bit dry without all of the banter. They seemed to have stopped them setting off all of the flares and bombs in the Curva Sud as well which was disappointing.

IO SO' IO E VOI NUN SETE UN CAZZO....!

scottdisco

rip this joint please
I love the Roma anthem.

quality!

i saw Chievo at AC Milan last season, there were not many away fans there, but they were full value the ones that made the trip i must say.

are Napoli fans still banned from all aways after that unfortunate business on the train a year or two ago?

Simon78

quality!

i saw Chievo at AC Milan last season, there were not many away fans there, but they were full value the ones that made the trip i must say.

are Napoli fans still banned from all aways after that unfortunate business on the train a year or two ago?

Yeah, I think so. They went a bit mad last time they were in Rome, it was their first year back after being banned for ages as well.

I had to show my passport before I could buy a ticket this time and we weren't allowed in the Curva Sud, members only so we had to go in the bit next to it.

I think this footage is from last year?

don_quixote

Trent End

the arms waving looks AMAZING, incredible visual effect. unfortunately it's a bit cold in england!!

this is my favourite football video EVER:

imagine turning up to an away ground like that??! that was a european cup semi final match against bayern munich

mos dan

fact music
i've only ever been to two overseas games.. a pre-season friendly at bordeaux (good atmosphere for a friendly tbh).. and sevilla vs getafe earlier this year - great atmosphere, poor performance from sevilla.

it seems like i'm missing out though.. maybe i should make a pilgrimage to livorno to sing bella ciao or something.

scott i don't get the calcio - left-wing reference, sorry! indulge me..? :) i can never remember which italian fans are mostly neo-fascists.. a lot of them, right?

jenks

thread death
Anyone read A Season With Verona by Tim Parks - thought it was excellent on the Italian football fans approach to their clubs and the sheer lunacy of Italian football in general

Simon78

Anyone read A Season With Verona by Tim Parks - thought it was excellent on the Italian football fans approach to their clubs and the sheer lunacy of Italian football in general

Yeah I really liked that book. I didn't have anything to read over Christmas so started it again the other day.

My mate just lent me The Miracle of Castel di Sangro so I am going to start that one next

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0,,1476488,00.html

21) The Miracle of Castel di Sangro by Joe McGinniss (1999)

A late convert to football, the American McGinniss went to the Italian town of Castel Di Sangro (population 5,000) to see how the local team would fare following unexpected promotion to Serie B. He discovered more than he could have hoped for. During the 1996-97 season, two players died in a car crash and another was arrested in connection with cocaine smuggling. There were allegations of bribery, an orgy involving half the team and the presence of a sinister chairman. On the pitch, the Umbrian club battled to avoid relegation with a side composed of hasbeens and never weres.

The atmosphere at English games is pretty dry compared to the European ones. We get told off for standing up at Arsenal!?! Its quite lively on the European games as people have been to the pub after work and seem to sing more. Most of our songs are rubbish though, I hate the Fabregas one.

don_quixote

Trent End
that book is awesome but the author is such a busybody knownothing prat.

if some american author turned up at your football club, who'd only liked football for 5 minutes basically and started telling you how to do stuff you'd get fucking pissed off with him too.