Bars in Stoke Newington, Dalston?

Kate Mossad

Thanks for all the replies folks. Enough to make my liver quiver for a while I think.

BTW you do know I'm not a supermodel with a taste for Israeli covert operations,
right?

Kate Mossad

Howdy x

nerd.jpg

mos dan

fact music
Do you know The Angel? The Sam Smith's pub behind Centre Point? A cross between that and Cafe OTO would be good.

as someone who frequents both of these semi-regularly, can i ask that you let us all know if you find such a combo?

my local is the scolt head, south of balls pond road, which is still nice on week nights (homely, warm fire, good food, a variety of seating areas), but is becoming increasingly packed full of horrendous hepcat young professionals (god, imagine) on week-nights. no but really - rosamund pike, james brown.. both have been sighted in recent weeks.. bit odd.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Thanks for all the replies folks. Enough to make my liver quiver for a while I think.
BTW you do know I'm not a supermodel with a taste for Israeli covert operations,
right?"
If only you had taken me up on my offer and moved in (it was you right?) I could have showed you all the delights of Hackney and Stokey - we could have been the best of friends spending our evenings listening to bizarre exotica records and watching the most out there films before going to Bar Lorca - but you fuckin' blew it. Cunt.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
I'd recommend the Shakespeare on Allen Rd, never too busy, decent crisps.

crisps are very important.

as someone who frequents both of these semi-regularly, can i ask that you let us all know if you find such a combo?

my local is the scolt head, south of balls pond road, which is still nice on week nights (homely, warm fire, good food, a variety of seating areas), but is becoming increasingly packed full of horrendous hepcat young professionals (god, imagine) on week-nights. no but really - rosamund pike, james brown.. both have been sighted in recent weeks.. bit odd.

Rosamund Pike?

UNF

STN

sou'wester

I hate to say ... oh actually I don't hate it at all: I told you so!

mos dan

fact music
I hate to say ... oh actually I don't hate it at all: I told you so!

yeah, well.. um.. i have nothing to say haha :p

i blame william boyd and that sodding guardian article. dalston wasn't cool when i moved here, really it wasn't.

the scolt is still better than most of the other pubs in dalston.. on weeknights, anyway. when i was there recently someone broke one of the trees in the beer garden and - presumably to hide their bizarre crime, or something - ran off with the half they'd broken off. landlady was absolutely LIVID