droid

With labour running 7 points ahead of the tories this is an amazing risk for May to be taking. If I didn't know better Id say this is a desperate move by someone who doesn't have a clue what she's doing.

Is that a rollback I can hear in the distance?

droid

DUP scupper the deal. Europeans apoplectic at May's bizarre behaviour. Chances of progress now bleak but customs union for entire UK now back on the table. Expect ructions in Westminster this week.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Half expecting May or Davis to go now. Something has to give.
It's getting ridiculous. Someone during the leadership election described it as being like Game of Thrones if all the characters were total fuckwits, and they seem to be carrying on in much the same vein. It's like they're involved in a slow-motion car-crash with reality, and it'd be hilarious to watch if it wasn't for the actual consequences.

Also, Rees Mogg's enthusiasm for No Deal is about the most Tory thing ever - you take a thing which might almost sound like a solution to a problem if you ignored any of the reality of the situation, and cling to it as a sort of sacred doctrine regardless of how obvious it becomes that it's a completely awful idea.

droid

Id suggest you all come over here, but the way things are going we'll probably be at war within a few weeks.

luka

if it gets too bad i'll pop over to new zealand. thats my escape plan. build a house out of shopping trolleys and bin liners in the bush

droid

You might have some trouble there. There's been some serious restrictions on NZ immigration in recent times.

luka

it'll be just me and you posting from our rainy green islands. the rest of them in post apocolyptic britain (and leo in the ashes of ny)

cwmbran-city

This current crop, as much a Maggie was a sinister succubus & raped for all she was worth, are equally malignant in terms of their corrupting personal ambitions taking precedent over the national interest, being fuckin inept beyond any redemption across a thousand life times, feeding fear = Brexit = more incompetence, plus allowing cunts like Boris Johnson & Michael Gove to have any influence at all in (inter)national affairs is unforgivable

Maintaining ridiculous, hypocritical drugs laws, underfunding mental health care teams to the sum of however many sins, its a cancer that needs to be tied off and cut away

B.Liar was a supreme cunt, but THIS shower? Future historians will be baffled.

droid

So, in an effort to appease the DUP, May has essentially locked the UK into a customs union and possibly the single market EVEN if there is no deal, as well as ensuring ECJ jurisdiction over EU citizen rights.

No need to thank us.

droid

lols at May losing the vote yesterday. The Brexit boat is slowly sinking, hopefully it will take a few rats with it.

droid

Anyone else find it strange that Farage met Barnier at a meeting yesterday, was sworn to secrecy, and today said there should be a second referendum - a suggestion that he deemed unthinkably treasonous up until now?

droid

Farage is 53. He's recently been telling the world that he's broke after his divorce. His £75,000 EU pension is probably worth about 2 million...

droid

Its snowballing:

DTlJC7oX4AA-T3p.jpg:large