Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Tory bastards

Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    Yeah, this is what my man Johann Hari was talking about. But everybody's gonna vote against Brown because, well... he's just awful right?

I think he nails Cameron. I'm not impressed with Brown either. Everyone in work is talking about who will get made redundant when this 10% cut in education spending kicks in. And all to satisfy some totally ephemeral idea of a bond market that might demand even more interest on its risk free assets if we don't make the right noises and man up for some punishment...

I met Johann Hari when I was doing an internship at the New Statesman, back in the day. Swears' post just reminded me to post what happened to the incumbent deputy editor there...:

In 1998, Odone became deputy editor of the New Statesman.[12]

Odone resigned in November 2004. She denied reports that the cause was a poor working relationship with editor Peter Wilby, culminating in a row over a cover depicting Tony Blair as Joseph Stalin. Her position was that she and Wilby had a good working relationship, and had both been victims of New Labour plots to destabilise the New Statesman, orchestrated by Tony Blair. She stated that the real reason for her departure was an offer to present a programme on Channel 4 television about religion.[12]

She further alleged that "neo-Left" colleagues had been plotting against the New Statesman, stating "However nasty the Right gets, the Left gets much more wicked", and that this "neo-Left" was making voodoo dolls of her and wishing cancer upon her.[12] One of those attacked, Johann Hari, questioned her sanity in response, arguing there were inconsistencies in her claims, including that one of the supposedly Blairite conspirators, Jackie Ashley, is opposed to Blair and has called repeatedly for him to resign

Total mentalist.

would you shag a tory?

i've been having thoughts about it, and i think i probably wouldn't.

Don't do it. The feelings of shame and revulsion are too much to bear. If it's the only way, imagine their face contorting in orgasm and mouthing the word 'Maggie!'.

Quote Originally Posted by don_quixote View Post
    would you shag a tory?
    If you must, but just don't make a film about it

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    Don't do it. The feelings of shame and revulsion are too much to bear. If it's the only way, imagine their face contorting in orgasm and mouthing the word 'Maggie!'.
    You should read Alan Clark's diaries. The crush he has on Maggie is palpable, and revolting.

Speaking of which, check out what UKIP are putting out nowadays:

classy

Quote Originally Posted by don_quixote View Post
    would you shag a tory?

i've been having thoughts about it, and i think i probably wouldn't.
    If there's anything that puts me off a lady it's the sense that they aren't really the same morally as me. So no.

some people get off on that!

but similarly, anyone who voted for labour post-1997 would have to be a no-no?

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    some people get off on that!

but similarly, anyone who voted for labour post-1997 would have to be a no-no?
    That's my chances with Babs up in smoke

In my kingdom, Marina Hyde gets a knighthood for this headline (or the sub who did it) :

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/b...lity-guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    That's my chances with Babs up in smoke
    haha. nah, just making the point that while I hate the Tories as much as anyone (sensible), the bile directed against them around election time does rather let all the people in Labour who have been doing bad shit over the past 13 years off the hook a little, by way of comparison. Better of two evils?..but when both are so evil, who's to tell?

Can anyone explain what's likely to happen when the inevitable hung parliament occurs - I got bored trying to find out...
    Last edited by baboon2004; 08-04-2010 at 04:02 PM.