baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
OK, so that's pretty much a definite? Guess the LibDems can hold out for more than a few concessions that will benefit them in that case.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
haha. nah, just making the point that while I hate the Tories as much as anyone (sensible), the bile directed against them around election time does rather let all the people in Labour who have been doing bad shit over the past 13 years off the hook a little, by way of comparison.

very true. and on my personal hobby horse (one i know a few Dissensians share), there's realistically nothing that David Davis or whoever couldn't have done to immigration and asylum that Blunkett/Reid/Clarke etc didn't... ...incidentally, re a topic mentioned upthread, i am traditional right of Old Labour (or thereabouts), and - the following shows me up in a worse light for being a tool than anything else - was about to try and do something w some pretty Sloane in Hyde Park once (of patently old money Tory background) but she just said stupid things and it wound me up.

so i left.

er.

that sounds a bit like dogging.

never mind.

will be interesting to see what happens in Stoke Central.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
why, you got a re-match with her there?

next time i will bite my tongue ;)

(as she said etc.)

funnily enough - although he was no Sloane and i doubt voted Tory - i did once, in hindsight, say a glaring double entendre to some old boy stood next to me as we both had a tinkle in the urinals at this pub.

in seriousness, Stoke Central: i read this bloke.

oh sorry: Tristram Hunt, metropolitan telly personality and New Labour man, w seeming little or no knowledge of the area, parachuted in to stand as candidate, against the wishes of the local party who contain plenty of Old Labour sorts.

Mark Fisher (not k-punk), one of my fave Old Labour backbenchers, standing down at the next election for health reasons, he is the current MP. until recently, as the blogger above recently informed readers of Liberal Conspiracy in a guest post, every single councillor in the city (all 70) was Labour, a remarkable statistic even compared i think to the northeast, northwest or Humberside. now of course there's a lot of BNP there.

dangerous, combustible times in the Potteries. (as in so many places, granted, but it's very acute there.)

Last edited:

mixed_biscuits

haha. nah, just making the point that while I hate the Tories as much as anyone (sensible), the bile directed against them around election time does rather let all the people in Labour who have been doing bad shit over the past 13 years off the hook.

If you decide to give the government your stamp of approval, having put in so much effort making a show of disapproval (Stop the War etc), then you're going to come out looking like a bit of a mug.

Vote Lib Dem

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
If you decide to give the government your stamp of approval, having put in so much effort making a show of disapproval (Stop the War etc), then you're going to come out looking like a bit of a mug.

Vote Lib Dem

I usually do, and maybe this time it'll be worth it more than usual, with their stock about to rise.

hucks

Your Message Here
This TV debate is fucking miserable

I knew it would be shit, but this makes me want to move to a country where they don't bother with elections.

hucks

Your Message Here
Brown: "We've got so many fucking helicopters you pricks would never even begin to understand. Chinooks coming out of my arse"

swears

preppy-kei
I reckon Labour'll just scrape in by a couple of seats like the Tories in '92. I've got a feeling.