grizzleb

I didn't watch it but I find it all pretty amusing. Just an extension of the political soap opera that is QT every week really. I only seen a little bit, but Nick Clegg looked to be doing a bit of waffling. Chuffed that he's come out on top somehow though. I'm choking for a nice well hung parliament. The look on David Cameron's face as he gets denied the keys to no. 10 would be perennially sweet. Sweet as candy.

mixed_biscuits

Brown performed well if one disregards context (if he so desperately believes in the value of doing X, why hasn't he already done it?).

massrock

god the logo even looks like one of their albums

leaders_1617267c.jpg

Fucking funny really. I love Kraftwerk, but I'm not sure about this latest tour.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
mostly for man like Crackerjack, as i mentioned Stoke Central to him the other day.

A statue of Josiah Wedgwood one of the titans of the industrial revolution and a prominent anti slavery campaigner stands guard at the entrance to Stoke-on-Trent train station.

The brooding figure is a reminder of the city's industrial past when its name was synonymous with pottery and ceramics. But Stoke's industrial might is a distant memory and the constituency is at the centre of one of the most fascinating contests of the election.

The British National party, which says it is fielding a record 326 candidates, is focusing most of its resources on two seats - Barking in east London and Stoke Central, where the party's deputy leader, Simon Darby, is standing.

interesting Guardian piece on the BNP in S-o-T here.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Best twitter comment : Worst Kraftwerk gig ever."
That made my day.

Anyway, didn't watch the debate but it's obviously utterly pathetic that the whole country can change their mind after one extended soundbite. It's also great, I'd love it if this means that the Lib Dems actually become a force the other two parties have to actually think about and that there is an end of, or at least change to, the present moribund situation. It's all the better that Cameron was the one who insisted on the debate and could actually end up being hoist by his own petard. Completely by random there is the glimmer of a chance that the stranglehold of the two main parties might be broken (the main reason that no-one votes Lib Dem is because no-one votes Lib Dem - a small change could actually cause a Tipping PointTM) and even if that happens for the wrong reason I think it's a good thing.

"The look on David Cameron's face as he gets denied the keys to no. 10 would be perennially sweet. Sweet as candy."
Precisely.

DannyL

Wild Horses
What I am really heartened by is how much popular dislike there is for the Tories. Not to be able to score massive points off an elderly goverment with an unpopular leader is really something. It's possible this was just an effect of the campaign - too much focus on cuts? - but it's seems more likely it's symptomatic of a wider distrust. Which is a good thing.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"too much focus on cuts?"
The leadership debate? Think you missed an "n" out.

"What I am really heartened by is how much popular dislike there is for the Tories. Not to be able to score massive points off an elderly goverment with an unpopular leader is really something."
Yes, very true, Cameron on telly today saying "If you vote for Labour (or Lib Dem) you face the prospect of another four years like the last" - in other words, the best he can come up with is "We're different people, why not try us?".
On the other hand, Labour are unpopular enough for that tactic to (conceivably) work. If it does it will hardly give them the mandate that they claim to want but they won't care about that if they win.