vimothy

yurp
IN the UK business confidence is collapsing... synchronised austerity programmes across OECD... China Japan and Germany still looking to export huge amounts of capital... this is going to be fucking bad...

"the fall in business confidence was bigger than either after 9/11 or the Lehman brothers bank crash"

"business confidence for future activity suffered its greatest monthly drop in its 14-year history."

http://liberalconspiracy.org/2010/0...ng-falling-business-confidence-in-the-budget/

sufi

lala
blatantly hypocritical warmongering SCUM
the daily mail for fucks sake said:
Bosses from major arms and aerospace companies such as BAe Systems, Qinetiq and Thales joined the Prime Minister on the plane which last night arrived in Kuwait. Other defence contractors present included bosses from the Cobham Group, Ultra Electronics, Rolls Royce, Babcock International Group and Atkins.

news-graphics-2008-_657936a.jpg

... Since the General Election, Britain has sold crowd control ammunition, sniper rifles and tear gas to Tripoli.

crackerjack

This Liam Fox scandal is weird, isn't it. Apart from Alan Duncan, are there any openly gay Tories above backbench level?

crackerjack

And of course his shadowy, possibly corrupt, neocon connections. Rather hoping Craner might drop by to tell us about this Atlanticist group of his.

crackerjack

The weirdest aspect of this is that (and this is just wild speculation based on the whisperings in the media) having decided a prospective Tory leader needs to be married, he then makes his lover his best man. That's one diary entry I'd love to read.

Last edited:

DannyL

Wild Horses
I haven't been following this latest scandal - in fact was a bit annoyed it seemed to knock the Lords reading of the NHS Bill off the top spot - but what evidence is there in the public domain that Werrity is his lover?

DannyL

Wild Horses
The Guardian seem to be dancing around it, describing them as "close friends". I really need to start reading Private Eye again.

crackerjack

I haven't been following this latest scandal - in fact was a bit annoyed it seemed to knock the Lords reading of the NHS Bill off the top spot - but what evidence is there in the public domain that Werrity is his lover?

No actual evidence at all, that I know of. Just a lot of in-the-know types dropping careful hints.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.

Likewise, this should not be allowed to overshadow other things that will in the long run be way more important. The Tories are dicks in every way, and need to go...