i am going to be nice and polite to eveyone now

luka

i gave up smoking for my new years resolution but that was easy. i need a bigger challenge. i need to stop being rude and hurting everyones feelings. mostly in real life but im going to practise on you lot too. dont think you can get cheeky though just cos im going to be a nice person from now on. i reserve the right to fight fiere with fire.
thank you to tentative andy for prodding me in the right direction. i am going to be a saint now watch.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
You beat me to that...

There's nothing wrong with being rude in itself, as long as the other person takes it in jest.

luka

certainly not, im merely aspiring to be a better person... i think you should be supporting me not undermining me before ive even begun

I, unfortunately, (that’s the autobiography title sorted then..) find it easy to be smart-arsed and cynical, so in this instance I’ll refrain. Luka & I recently took part in a portion of (ultimately light-hearted) jousting that came close to overstepping the mark. Mirroring the spirit of this here thread, I feel compelled to chip in. I've previously remarked on my disapproval of latent homophobia (No Homo –urgh), hence, as a simpleton opposed to bigotry in all its forms – generally but not exclusively more pertinent to my personal circumstances – I feel the need to address self-made comments which may quite understandably have been assumed xenophobic. Luka your current whereabouts, whilst of course completely irrelevant, were a sitting duck when in truth I was offended by your directionless yet general griping. Yes, you were fucking up and I felt the need to slap you back down. However there are appropriate ways and means. Things can often get a bit dry, so occasionally I try to inject a degree of humour. Problem is – as Baboon rightly points out – a one-sided joke just ain’t funny. My bad. Hand of friendship, hopefully unnecessarily, extended. Yours is a grown- man move. Good luck with it brother.

luka

mustard i know you are going to think im being disingenuous but
Luka your current whereabouts, whilst of course completely irrelevant, were a sitting duck when in truth I was offended by your directionless yet general griping. Yes, you were fucking up and I felt the need to slap you back down.
im not sure what you're talking about... are you australian? i was a bit mean about sydney once or twice. i think i criticised australian's dress sense or something. do we know each other?
or do you like dubstep? i didn't realise there was some underlying beef you wanted to address. please explain.
i do think im generally too abrupt and im trying to address that. and i take the piss too much and am generally too overbearing although i try not to let it tip over into boorishness. i do try and keep it a bit humourous.

as for you benjy you are a diamond geezer as they say, wouldnt expect anything less....

nah, luka's got it, I’m a chip-shouldered Aussie fashionista with an acetate to grind.
It’s all on me. Apologies for my apparent obliqueness

luka

well i was slagging off sydney and youre clearly not from sydney so you shouldnt be catching feelings...even more so if you happen to be from melbourne. you should be celebrating sydney hate! melbournes got much better pubs and much better dressed people....
and if you from SA, well at least you got the best beer....

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
A nice-and-polite luka would be like alcohol-free vodka. I'm sure he was joking - at least I hope he was.