benw

excuse the spam, but this might be of interest to those of you in the south west - my night AKA AKA ROAR are celebrating our second birthday with the help of Martyn (3024) & Midland (AUS Music). More details below:

AKA AKA ROAR! 2nd BIRTHDAY BASH - 27/01/12

MARTYN
MIDLAND
LORCA
LEON VYNEHALL
AKA FAM!!

CAKE / BALLOONS / PARTY HATS / POPPERS / BALLOON ANIMALS PROVIDED

£6 FB Fans / £7 NUS / £8
Drinks Promos all night

outraygeous

beat music is generally 'hip hop' minus the raps. Changed up a little more.

FlyLos album stuff is a bit out there, he has made a lot of good jams plus he will play brainfeeder beat stuff. I think you will enjoy it

I am basing that on you like hiphop. Loose ground but worth a shot

SecondLine

I liked Los Angeles a lot when it came out but Cosmogramma was a massive disappointment...basically 10x the embellishment with 0.1x the musical ideas. I can appreciate him trying to make an album statement with all these opulent ref points and he is a brilliant producer technically but yeah, off the boil.

Veering off topic sorry.

rubberdingyrapids

there are exceptions obv but id rather listen to things like company flows little johnny from the hospital (how underrated is this album???) or old wordsound albums than half of what comes from the beat scene. or old dj krush albums like meiso (not heard it in years though).

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
there's a track by Mouse on Mars that i like alot called Destroia, my mate sent me the mp3 that he cut out off an old John Peel radio show. when i checked the actual tune i was annoyed cos the radio rip i'd been listening was at 33 and i didn't like it as much at the 'right' speed, so im stuck with my lo-res radio rip with Peel mumbling inane shit all over the end of it. im sure everyone's got their own version of this.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
there's a track by Mouse on Mars that i like alot called Destroia, my mate sent me the mp3 that he cut out off an old John Peel radio show. when i checked the actual tune i was annoyed cos the radio rip i'd been listening was at 33 and i didn't like it as much at the 'right' speed, so im stuck with my lo-res radio rip with Peel mumbling inane shit all over the end of it. im sure everyone's got their own version of this.

If you mediafire the peel version routes, I can slow the original down for you - dont know what 33 and 45 are anymore so would have to hear what Peel did to approximate it though but can do that for yer no problem.

This was my favourite Mouse on Mars, sounds fresh still, fresher even

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

jimitheexploder

SR Mix #114: Peverelist [Punch Drunk/Livity Sound]

Szare – Triplicate [Horizontal Ground]
Asusu – Too Much Time Has Passed [Livity Sound]
Levon Vincent – Revs/cost [Novel Sound]
Bass Clef – Electricity Comes From Other Planets
Funkineven – Beat Crash [Apron]
Kowton – Jam001
Alex Coulton – Bounce
Kowton & Pev – Raw Code
Kowton – End Point
Pev – Salt Water
Asusu – Sister [Livity Sound]
Pev – Erosion(s)
Pev – Livity
Zhou – Noboru [Punch Drunk]

http://www.sonicrouter.com/2012/01/sr-mix-114-peverelist-punch-drunklivity-sound/

SecondLine

cheers for that Jimi - interview is great, mix looks large. Whatever else is going on, you can always trust Pev to come up with the goods.

Intrigued by what more Livity stuff will sound like as well.

jimitheexploder

Pev is too much, always. We've been buggin him for a mix since we started SR so I'm well chuffed he did one.

He mentions Yougn Echo too. I've been playing them a lot recently.

El Kid - Hypnosis

Vessel - Nylon Sunset

Kahn - Like We Used To

Zhou - I Remain

All kinda big.

Young Echo radio is pretty spesh too: http://youngecho.co.uk/ Pev was on their recently n'all.

Phaedo

Pev, Szare, Asusu, Kowton and a few others are onto something atm. Bristol healthy as ever. Young Echo stuff seems like it could grow in momentum too.

e/y

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value=""><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

lol

e/y

-pisstake
+rip-off*

...judging from Mr. Dafydd's previous work.

*a shit one, tho that depends on how you feel about the Harmonimixes I guess

benw

re; young echo, el kid in particular is wicked.

should probably state as a disclaimer that i do know him, but hes got some good tunes. this 12" is a good intro:

SecondLine

-pisstake
+rip-off*

...judging from Mr. Dafydd's previous work.

If memory serves he is either James Blake's cousin or they lived together for a while...or possibly both.

Must be well awkward for your biggest biter to be somebody you personally know.