Corpsey

bandz ahoy
-pisstake
+rip-off*

...judging from Mr. Dafydd's previous work.

*a shit one, tho that depends on how you feel about the Harmonimixes I guess

I like the arithmetic. I think we should all start using arithmetic all the time in our forum posts. It will play into popular perceptions of us as a bunch of anal geeks.

I'm not much for the harmonimixes but they're clearly so much better than this that it can only be a parody or failure.

jimitheexploder

That Ifan remix is so bad. He kind of sucks at vocal/chopping vocals and all that from what I've heard.

A lot of his beats are kinda nice though in a twee remix of james blake kinda way. Not that I'm in the mood for that kind of thing very often.

Hopefuly he'll grow into his own vibe soon enough.

Esp

If memory serves he is either James Blake's cousin or they lived together for a while...or possibly both.

Must be well awkward for your biggest biter to be somebody you personally know.

I got the impression they worked together i.e. developed the sound together. I imagine it must be well annoying for him if that is the case and everyone just assumes he's a biter. Either way that Eminem remix is terrible.

SecondLine

I got the impression they worked together i.e. developed the sound together. I imagine it must be well annoying for him if that is the case and everyone just assumes he's a biter. Either way that Eminem remix is terrible.

http://thequietus.com/articles/06971-sonic-router-022-ifan-dafydd-being-correct-is-boring

"I lived with James during our last year of university", Dafydd tells me, cooperating with my request to clear up the conjecture surrounding his identity at the first possible opportunity. “His music has undoubtedly had an influence on me. Living with him was living with his music and it grabbed me. I'm grateful for the fact that he introduced me to innovative electronic music that directed me onto the path that I've pursued since moving back to North Wales.”

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
According to Kode9's Twitter there's a Hyperdub release forthcoming from Fhloston Paradigm. Did a bit of googling because I didn't know who they are, they're a bit good (I'm assuming it's a they for some reason)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_oI_m08tuw4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sgn

Both tracks on the newish XI EP on Orca are pretty good. The free EP he gave out for xmas isn't bad either. Usually not a fan of his melodies but this stuff is sparser and the drum and bass programming is excellent. Think he could pull off the 808/Swamp81 sound really well if he wanted to.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value=""><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

SecondLine

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value=""><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

This is like textbook 'post-dubstep'. It's proficiently produced and everything but... I think that's what makes it so disappointing? Can't imagine ever getting sweaty on a dancefloor to it

sgn

This is like textbook 'post-dubstep'. It's proficiently produced and everything but... I think that's what makes it so disappointing? Can't imagine ever getting sweaty on a dancefloor to it

This really depends on what your definition of "textbook post dubstep" is - to me it would be someone like Sepalcure, and while this does have some of those signifiers, it's moodier (without being "romantic" or "downcast"), sparser and has more weight to it. The only thing that brings this track down for me is the bit from 2:15 to around 3:15, but I like everything around it enough to let that slide.