guppyslim

I heard Orca006 one night on radio while falling asleep and I remember thinking it was pretty good. Anyone else heard it? Is it actually good or was I too drowsy?

rubberdingyrapids

listening to oneman after ages, weird that he plays so much hip hop these days, but i like it. mixing seems a bit less hectic than the last few times i was listening to his show too.

rubberdingyrapids

could be 2000 again with those two tracks. doesnt even seem 'accurate', just seem like they could be genuine unearthed mixes, apart from some of the wobble-ish sounds in the second track.

trilliam

&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">
Liking this more than that other recent track by them

edit: actually im liking them both quite a lot, just wish Reset would skip that sample

ye i prefer make u understand to reset. the r&b grime thing irks me..

I know absolutely nothing about this 'scene', is there any radio shows I should be looking out for to edumucate myself with, or better yet, a CD compo.

And am I being overly optimistic in hoping that there are people making four to the floor tracks in a classic style, as opposed to Wideboys tunes circa 2003? The latter are just too close to up north niche for comfort, not inherently bad but that side of things wasnt the great white hope for reviving proper London garage then and it isn't now.

Incidentally I did come across one recent production in the mid 90's house & garage vein by a producer called Soul Purpose

rrrivero

Is that a wideboys remix though? I thought it was an outsider, then again no name given so it probably is them. I guess I just didnt consider them capable of such brilliance anymore after the utter shite that was the original of that tune

Last edited:
That's one of the worst songs I've heard in ages.

I really don't like a lot of this post-dubstep stuff but there is no way that's "better than anything else in this thread"; it's pop garage by numbers with a truly abysmal vocal.

sgn

as played on Zane Lowe's BBC Radio 1 show last night

This EP was a pleasant surprise. Uses a lot of familiar sounds/tropes, but it's just done so well. I prefer the B side though - it's got sort of a Todd Edwards vibe and I can't resist that.

Like this one quite a bit too:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value=""><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

jimitheexploder

Disclosure just sound like generic remakes of tracks for adverts when they don't want to stump up the cash for the real thing. They sound like they only listen to Joy Orbison. There are loads of mega generic 'post-dubstep' guys now, I heard this the other day: lol It makes me more than thankful for people like Damu who at least throw a bit of their own personality into it.

sgn

Yeah, Damu is terrible though. I mean, I get not liking Disclosure, but to bring up Damu as some sort of great alternative is bizarre to me when the exact same criticism could be applied to a guy who sounds like Joy Orbison twee'ified by 60 percent.

sgn

That track you linked to is awful by the way, but it sounds more like it's from the James Blake/Mount Kimbie school of generic "post-dubstep" than the Joy Orbison one.

luka

this fred is funny. all the music sounds the same but you lot argue about it like its not all some big running joke. the difference between blake and iifan griffitths is infinitesimal. theyre both shit. just leave it alone.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Yeah, Damu is terrible though. I mean, I get not liking Disclosure, but to bring up Damu as some sort of great alternative is bizarre to me when the exact same criticism could be applied to a guy who sounds like Joy Orbison twee'ified by 60 percent.

You're more than welcome to dislike Damu but across his entire output this isn't accurate.