Page 11 of 177 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: rolling back to the future garage/post-dubstep/alt-funkstep/intelli-2step etc thread

165bpm 4ever

Quote Originally Posted by gumdrops View Post
    i know plenty of people hate wobble but er its only 10bpm difference.

if you were talking about hating 160bpm or 180 i could see your point, but im wondering if people push it, and go, you know, to (foreboding dramatic music)........ 136bpm, does that mean theyre banished forever to wobbleland?
    the thing is the closer you are to 130 the less you're caring about being mixed with 'dubstep' and seem to care about house/funky more, 136 is pretty easy to push up there but 10 bpms gets kinda eh.

Just wanted to say that after finally managing to listen to it (yeah I know...), the Martyn Fabric mix is really, really good. If he plays like that in Glasgow next week it'll be an amazing night, I reckon.
    (Was going to post this in the thread where the mix was already being discussed, but of course it's locked 'cause of all the antics that happened there. Makes as much sense here as anywhere, I guess).

Benji B show with mixes from Pangaea, Sbtrkt and Shortstuff

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0071st2

Quote Originally Posted by Tentative Andy View Post
    Just wanted to say that after finally managing to listen to it (yeah I know...), the Martyn Fabric mix is really, really good. If he plays like that in Glasgow next week it'll be an amazing night, I reckon.
    (Was going to post this in the thread where the mix was already being discussed, but of course it's locked 'cause of all the antics that happened there. Makes as much sense here as anywhere, I guess).
    You'd do well to check his re cent XLR8R mix andy, he mixes it up with a variety of belters. (glass domain, when doves cry, etc)

Optionally free album by I​.​D. & Baobinga
    http://label.bassmusicblog.com/
    Any money one does pay going to a hospice charity, which is nice.
    It's good and all.

Was that Knightrider track on the Hessle show 15 mins ago by cunei4m? No Myspace or anything for the guy, just some mixes dotted about that don't seem to have any of his own tracks in the tracklists.

nah thats a dude who was feeling it, so i said his name.. can't remember who it's by, it came out on a 4 track white

Quote Originally Posted by UFO over easy View Post
    nah thats a dude who was feeling it, so i said his name.. can't remember who it's by, it came out on a 4 track white
    Thought that might be the case after spying his twitter. Turned up some decent looking mixes from him whilst googling away anyway.

Didn't hear the Hessle show, but cobretti do you mean this track?

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=230334

http://onethirtybpm.com/category/col...th-in-dubstep/

Are people aware of this blog?
    Covers a lot of the sort of stuff we've been talking about in this thread. Not all of the reviews are great - some of the description of the tunes can be a bit waffly - but they go into more detail than a lot of review blogs, and I like that they give coverage to some grimey stuff.
    Also been handy for me personally, 'cause there's been a lot of good releases over the last couple of months that I haven't picked up, even in mp3 format, due to being too tight/skint, so this is helping me narrow it down to the essentials.

Anyone know what this is?

Quote Originally Posted by 4linehaiku View Post
    Anyone know what this is?

http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/285032-01.htm

B1

Default 2-step, garage, future music crew.

Easy people. Sorry for the noob post but I wanted to let you all know that a small team of us are starting a website on 2-step, garage and any forward thinking music that surrounds both genres. We are currently looking for contributors for articles, biographies, features and analysis and I thought this forum would be a great place to start looking.

If you are into acts like Sines, Brackles, Submerse, Clueless, Pangaea, Spatial, Joy Orbison, Ramadanman, Whistla, VVV and you think you could write about them then get in touch. Previous experience is not necessary, if you are willing to submit a few paragraphs of text so we can gauge your abilities. Blog writers are welcome, we do want this site to be more of a magazine than a blog however.

We are also looking to set up a video crew for events so if you have access to and can operate video equipment then do get in touch. We are looking to set up a HD video channel along side the site.

Get in touch, even if you can't write and want to get involved fundamentalgarage @ gmail.com

Cheers.