SecondLine

http://retromaniabysimonreynolds.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/all-yesterdays-parties.html
not that these pieces arent good but even the 'where is the future?' pieces are starting to seem old now...

I know what you mean. I guess I considered it worth writing with very specific reference to house music, but in a broader sense you'll find a pretty much identical argument in retromania and elsewhere.

Tried to infuse it with a healthy dose of Adam Harper-esque optimism but I don't think that came through.

rubberdingyrapids

its a good piece, nothing wrong with it, it just means that not much in the actual music has changed. but i prefer these pieces rather than another inane puff piece about how great everything is.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Big mix, lots of good stuff beginning to orbit round Keysound now.
That set in the Supper Club video isn't half bad either

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
its a good piece, nothing wrong with it, it just means that not much in the actual music has changed. but i prefer these pieces rather than another inane puff piece about how great everything is.
I dunno, I find with Reynolds that when he's writing about music that he loves he's great and visceral and exciting and challenging, and when he's writing about music that he really hates he's interesting too, but when he's writing about other people writing about music that he doesn't really listen to much of but hasn't been particularly impressed by when he has done he starts to get a bit ignorable.

SecondLine

where are people talking about the Lukid album?

I really tried to like it but I failed. Can't quite put my finger on why - it's just a kind of unsatisfying listen. critical response generally seems to be fairly muted...although I'm only extrapolating from a couple of reviews so maybe not

SecondLine

good job you weren't reviewing it for a major music site then

oh wait...

well, fair point maybe. Unfortunately not every record is an open and shut case when it comes to reviewing it - I think it would be disingenuous to claim otherwise. The review is honest, if that counts for anything - I stand by it. I'm guessing if I'd loved it but 'couldn't quite put my finger on why' you wouldn't have commented.

here is the review btw in case anyone isn't keen on google

http://www.factmag.com/2012/10/24/lukid-lonely-at-the-top/

p.s. have you been lurking here the whole time? Dedication if so.

wise

bare BARE BONES
can anyone upload the Junoplus Tessela podcast for me?
Can't find a working link anywhere online.
Ta

hopper

pangaea release is serious, think this is my favourite material from him yet. pure dubstep vibes, different tempo.