Fundamental

Have to say on the categorising front...

It's been like 18 months of post-wobble transition and nothing has solidified as we get to the obligatory end of the year review schedule. If I keep having trouble organising my beats into the right folders/itunes playlists then it is a small price to pay for what is actually happening on my speakers. Girl Unit- Wut next to Altered Natives, Scratcha DVA- New World Order, or Submerse- Hold It Down; all it means to me is that it is an excellent, abet confusing time to be one of the heads. I reckon there are a few of you on Dissensus that feel the same way too, so big up on that front.

Fundamental

Also our site is now on Tumblr: http://fundamentalsound.tumblr.com

I urge everyone on here to get on Tumblr, it has the potential to be something big. It combines the best parts of blogging with the retweet philosophy of twitter. It shits on twitter because it is content not ego driven and it is an open playing field and rewards good content rather than egoism/fame. It has like a 80% return rate to Twitters 40% for this reason.

Yeah at the moment it is largely for hipsters and scene kids but if everyone in our scene joined up it would be a good tool. You have to login and follow a few bass music blogs to begin to appreciate.

Advert over lol.

outraygeous

tumblrs okay but its always down and then its kinda like myspace with chicks taking pics of themselves after taking a dump

maybe i have been looking in the wrong places :(

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
yeah the idea of 'liking where future garage is going' is not entirely unfunny...

post-future garage?

Hi,

What I meant by that comment - "I really like where Future Garage is going" - was: I really like what people are doing with Future Garage at the moment, taking it to new places, trying new things... I'm hearing some real interesting stuff here in Japan but unfortunately for some reason most of it doesn't find its way on the internet.

benw

If im honest a lot of the stuff being labelled as 'future garage' (whistla's lot, some of the sub fm djs, l2s recordings etc) has seemed really unexciting to me in the latter half of this year. sits somewhere halfway between uninspiring boring halfstep and old school garage, but without capturing the passion and soul that the older garage bits still maintain to this day. basically it seems to me that a lot of the producers have captured the body of garage (broadly replicating the rhythms etc) without capturing any of the heart, of the rude excitement that the best garage tunes carry. just my opinion mind - although there are a few exceptions, largely submerse's hold it down.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
asically it seems to me that a lot of the producers have captured the body of garage (broadly replicating the rhythms etc) without capturing any of the heart, of the rude excitement that the best garage tunes carry.

Referencing Burial or other 'future garage' instead of TuffJam.
Outside of Sully, CRST and LHF there is a massive rudeness deficit imo

benw

Referencing Burial or other 'future garage' instead of TuffJam.
Outside of Sully, CRST and LHF there is a massive rudeness deficit imo

hadnt thought of it this way - but you're not wrong. a sort of second hand sampling of the original material.

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
there is a total lack of exclamation marks when people write nice things about this music. it's all so lacking in ridiculousness.

edit: KEEP MUSIC RIDICULOUS

Last edited: