luka

and romford dance is a term i use, cos i made it up. hollywoods doesnt play sub base records. so you are forgiven, cos you didnt do nothing wrong.

bandshell

Grand High Witch
so im listening to bohla for the first time - it sounds just like untold doing wiley!

Isn't that what Untold does anyway?

The revenue remix from a few years ago was basically Crash Bandicoot. Bit of an old example, but yeah.

There are definitely similarities between Blawan and Untold though.

Last edited:

hint

party record with a siren
This drums too thin thing only applies to certain sections of this stuff tho, large parts of it have the opposite problem, d&b compression applied too brutally as to make it loud, level & stiff. Less weird beard more bosh electro bloke house.

Yeah.

Wasn't Dissensus-benchmark Jungle built on thin drums anyway?
People don't know what they like anymore.

gremino

Moster Sirphine
but jungle drums has loads of character and colour. ukg drums are thin aswell, but still they can sound fat in a certain way.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
And the 4x4 stuff like that Blawan tune just sounds laughably polite compared to practically any good 4x4 funky track, or going back further a 1997 era Speed garage track for example. Like any given Tuff Jam banger would just eat it alive.

it wouldn't work with most tuff jam tunes as most of them have very little in common with that blawan tune, but i played history of house music next to getting me down in a rave the other day. people nodded their heads and danced respectfully to tuff jam, and went crazy to getting me down

obviously this has to do with the tastes and preconceptions of that specific crowd, and it wouldn't always work like that. but if you're going to qualify what you say with "in certain circumstances," you could say almost anything. under specific conditions a skrillex tune would murder a ramadanman tune, but the reverse is also true.

--

we have liveFM on in our kitchen a lot of the time. we get good reception where we are and generally the music is good to mill about and cook to. it seems to fall into three broad categories - old garage tunes mixed fairly well, average US vocal house from the last five years, and the occasional rough funky set with MCs where not a huge amount appears to have changed over the last year or so, even down to a lot of the same tunes being played, which appears strange given the speed with which 'nuum related music generally develops

there are loads of exceptions and counter-examples though - i still hear great sets which surprise me, and i still find a few bits to play in my sets every now and then - its ridiculous to try and sum up an entire radio stations output, or a whole scenes, in a few sentences

Last edited:

joe.dfx

who knows...
SBTRKT going live.

pretty "indie" i'd say.

can't say i'm a fan of the "real" drums thou...would prefer cold machine music over them anyday.

Benny Bunter

it wouldn't work with most tuff jam tunes as most of them have very little in common with that blawan tune, but i played history of house music next to getting me down in a rave the other day. people nodded their heads and danced respectfully to tuff jam, and went crazy to getting me down

obviously this has to do with the tastes and preconceptions of that specific crowd, and it wouldn't always work like that. but if you're going to qualify what you say with "in certain circumstances," you could say almost anything. under specific conditions a skrillex tune would murder a ramadanman tune, but the reverse is also true.

--

we have liveFM on in our kitchen a lot of the time. we get good reception where we are and generally the music is good to mill about and cook to. it seems to fall into three broad categories - old garage tunes mixed fairly well, average US vocal house from the last five years, and the occasional rough funky set with MCs where not a huge amount appears to have changed over the last year or so, even down to a lot same tunes being played, which appears strange given the speed with which 'nuum related music generally develops

there are loads of exceptions and counter-examples though - i still hear great sets which surprise me, and i still find a few bits to play in my sets every now and then - its ridiculous to try and sum up an entire radio stations output, or a whole scenes, in a few sentences

I know, I'm a curmudgeon, really need to stop posting in this thread now, its definitely getting quite boring.

Agree with you about live FM too. It primarily an old-skool station and not the place to go to hear brand new stuff most of the time, but it has far more charismatic hosts and MCs than Rinse or Deja on the whole. For me, that counts for a lot. If you ever catch Jewelzy, Mad One or Murdz 86 though, they're always great shows playing lots of new stuff. Petchy is pretty much a full-blown House DJ now (albeit a great one).

luka

i dunno if this one has been discussed before or even if it fits undere this umbrella but i have to admit that this one is a deep one

gumdrops

saw metro today. had a pic of bok bok in there. he has a decent moustache. not a beard yet, but im sure thats in the works.

SecondLine

I'm a chronic lurker of this thread, thanks for the laughs everybody (and also some very interesting discussion).

Interested to throw some more tunes in here and see how people react, so:

&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">
I think this is amazing...but I'm intrigued by the very sensitive dissensus radar for things being overly 'intelligent' or 'polite'. Thoughts?

Last edited: