Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Yeah, was gonna say I can see why you put it in here. I suppose it shows up the flimsiness of 'post-dubstep' as a term really...

Numbers is an excellent label, anyway.

gumdrops

tho i am but a mere techno dabbler, that numbers release sounds JUST like old techno lol. if you told me it had been made in the mid-late 90s id prob believe you. quite good in that sense. at this point i think i prefer straight retro stuff that sounds just like a certain era than one that refers to it but doesnt come up with something as strong/good.

Leo

tho i am but a mere techno dabbler, that numbers release sounds JUST like old techno lol. if you told me it had been made in the mid-late 90s id prob believe you. quite good in that sense. at this point i think i prefer straight retro stuff that sounds just like a certain era than one that refers to it but doesnt come up with something as strong/good.

funny, but i had the same feeling when i listened to that recent hessle audio rinse show with floating points and joy o. i liked the show, but a chunk of it sounded like a techno mix to me. a good one, though! :)

Ory

warp drive
tho i am but a mere techno dabbler, that numbers release sounds JUST like old techno lol. if you told me it had been made in the mid-late 90s id prob believe you.
that's because lory d has been making techno and acid since the early 90s. he's part of the italian scene with people like leo anibaldi etc.

nothing at all to do with dubstep.

SecondLine

that's because lory d has been making techno and acid since the early 90s. he's part of the italian scene with people like leo anibaldi etc.

nothing at all to do with dubstep.

Numbers are a grey area if you ask me. Obviously they're satellites of this whole scene but they (or their ancestor labels) were releasing acid, bmore etc. etc. while everyone else was still suckling at Mala's teat (well...2008)

SecondLine

and yes fine Lory D would be making techno whether numbers released it or not, but the fact that they are signifies something for this scene, they're obviously not marketing the record to Italians.

Nah, Wireblock- one of the labels that ended up becoming Numbers- was putting out Lory D in 2008; it's got nothing to do with anything other than a fondness for his music i think

Last edited:

SecondLine

I promise I'll stop hogging the thread after this, but that teeth track reminds me - does anyone know of any other >140 stuff kicking around? I know gremino makes faster stuff, but otherwise it all seems to be 'future garage'...

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
'Sexual' by Addison Groove is 145ish but nothing else in this sort of scene springs to mind. Shawty is such a wicked tune, would love to hear it in a club

While I'm here, does anyone know if 'Routes' by LV is coming out on vinyl?

tom lea

northern line/primary colours (extended peak-time remix) 12" pls martin.

brenmar, mele, addison groove and a couple of others have all made some 145ish stuff of late. one of the tracks on the (excellent) new bok bok ep may be 140ish too. i think there's others but i'm blanking.

mms

sometimes

here is a comp on rephlex of lory d's mid 90's techno

http://www.discogs.com/Lory-D-Sounds-Never-Seen/release/125432