gumdrops

interesting. tho in the mid 90s i did not have time for techno. i regret this however listening to woebots gangsta techno mix which is quite awesome (tho the inclusion of wileys igloo has thrown me).

wise

bare BARE BONES
interesting. tho in the mid 90s i did not have time for techno. i regret this however listening to woebots gangsta techno mix which is quite awesome (tho the inclusion of wileys igloo has thrown me).

it's not really a techno mix that, more a join the dots kind of thing it's pretty much equal parts, house, garage, grime and techno

Last edited:

gumdrops

so in that fact review of the new kode 9 album it says that the new remix of black sun is new york house. what is some other new york house that is like this?

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
New Deadboy release on Numbers is a beaut. Deadboy is one of the best things to come out of this scene

atoga

it's not too far off from 8 bar grime but it's marketed to people who like future garage & buy things from boomkat so i suppose it should go here. amazing release, the only thing from this type of scene i've been excited about in years.

tom lea

that interview's a bit shite, look at the first three questions:

If you had to explain to your grandmother what kind of music you play, what would you say?

How do you guys feel about the term “UK bass music”?

Do you feel the same about “post-dubstep”?

i mean come on

rrrivero

Jackmaster sports his trademark quiff hairdo, Ben UFO opts for a t-shirt to complement his shaggy brown locks and sweet, shy disposition, and Oneman rolls up in a cap and button-down.
is the part that had me in stitches :D No disrespect, just poking fun
I prefer the term UK house, because UK house never had the chance. I think the time feels about right to just call it that, if anything.
I hope this doesn't happen, seeing as this is a term used in the funky scene, not that they could claim ownership or anything, I just don't think it would simplify things.
So the dancefloor is a really important place. It’s somewhere where you can lose all of that and really focus on hearing the music. That’s why I get frustrated when people demand IDs and tracklists. Because, in my head, that shouldn’t matter.
I agree, and it's frustrating that I too get these urges to ask for an ID straight up sometimes. I guess it has something to do with the fact that I DJ myself and so my mind can go from just enjoying a track to thinking about how to use it. Although this is more of a home listening thing, dancefloor is just for going crazy init.
The whole reason I got into this was because I fuckin’ like dancing, man.
:)

wise

bare BARE BONES
Not sure what Oneman means by 'UK House never had the chance'
Lots of UK House had the chance

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
I think the problem with that is, in the past five or 10 years, the focus on the DJ as something to look at… you’ve got all these old videos from warehouse raves where it used to be people just dancing. They would look at their friends or the floor or the sky. They would never look at the DJ [as] the physical representation of the music.

Totally agree with this, standing (probably beside six other lads) staring at the DJ for the night. Whats the bloody point.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Totally agree with this, standing (probably beside six other lads) staring at the DJ for the night. Whats the bloody point.

Yeah, totally agree.

It's like when you get vinyl vs digital arguments and you get loads of people saying "I want to see someone mixing on decks because someone crouching over a laptop is boring to watch..."

Happens a lot more at packed nights, though, eg at FWD people are pretty much standing in lines facing forward because they wouldn't fit otherwise...