Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
http://onethirtybpm.com/category/columns/the-month-in-dubstep/

Are people aware of this blog?
Covers a lot of the sort of stuff we've been talking about in this thread. Not all of the reviews are great - some of the description of the tunes can be a bit waffly - but they go into more detail than a lot of review blogs, and I like that they give coverage to some grimey stuff.
Also been handy for me personally, 'cause there's been a lot of good releases over the last couple of months that I haven't picked up, even in mp3 format, due to being too tight/skint, so this is helping me narrow it down to the essentials.

Fundamental

2-step, garage, future music crew.

Easy people. Sorry for the noob post but I wanted to let you all know that a small team of us are starting a website on 2-step, garage and any forward thinking music that surrounds both genres. We are currently looking for contributors for articles, biographies, features and analysis and I thought this forum would be a great place to start looking.

If you are into acts like Sines, Brackles, Submerse, Clueless, Pangaea, Spatial, Joy Orbison, Ramadanman, Whistla, VVV and you think you could write about them then get in touch. Previous experience is not necessary, if you are willing to submit a few paragraphs of text so we can gauge your abilities. Blog writers are welcome, we do want this site to be more of a magazine than a blog however.

We are also looking to set up a video crew for events so if you have access to and can operate video equipment then do get in touch. We are looking to set up a HD video channel along side the site.

Get in touch, even if you can't write and want to get involved :) fundamentalgarage @ gmail.com

Cheers.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Keep meaning to post the following link, it's audio from a Ustream set that Ikonika did a week or two back. Sticking it in this thread though tbh it's as much housey as it is garagey:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/bw46vc

Tracklisting (via the DSF House forum):
Burial – Untrue
Roska - ???
Ricardo Villalobos – Spritzcussion
Altered Natives – Rass Out
Nightcrawlers – Push The Feeling
Deep Tecknologi – Anthem
Somore – I Refuse (What You Want)
Martyn – Mega Drive Collection
Sunship – Cheque One-Two
Dj Naughty – Firepower
Lil Silva – Seasons
Scratcha DVA – New World Order
Steve Gurley & Al Brown – Killin Me
Ital Tek – Moment In Blue (Ikonika Remix)
Modek – Mumps (French Fries Remix)
Jahcoozi – Read The Books (Ikonika Remix)
Ikonika - ???
Rox - My Baby Left Me (Arms Remix)
Seiji – Chekere
American Men - Claude Speed (Ikonika & Optimum Remix)
Ikonika & Optimum – Ampersand
Dikolous – Win or Lose
Endgames - Ecstasy (Jam City refix)
Four Tet – Sing (Mosca Remix)
Scuba – On Deck
DJ Deeon – Let Me Bang (Jam City Remix)
Egyptrixx – Everybody Bleeding
Ikonika – They Are All Losing The War
Menta – Sounds Of Da Future
Blaque Ivory – I Do (Phuturistix Mix)
Skream – Rottan
Kode9 – 9 Samurai

I liked this one a lot, it does a good job of mixing across a few related styles whilst still feeling coherent and keeping a consistent flow to the beats going, which is maybe something that was getting lost in some other recent mixes I was hearing (though not all of them obv). Also 1hr15 is a much nicer sort of length for non-live home-listening than most Ustream bits.

samdiamond

Keep meaning to post the following link, it's audio from a Ustream set that Ikonika did a week or two back. Sticking it in this thread though tbh it's as much housey as it is garagey:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/bw46vc

Tracklisting (via the DSF House forum):
Burial – Untrue
Roska - ???
Ricardo Villalobos – Spritzcussion
Altered Natives – Rass Out
Nightcrawlers – Push The Feeling
Deep Tecknologi – Anthem
Somore – I Refuse (What You Want)
Martyn – Mega Drive Collection
Sunship – Cheque One-Two
Dj Naughty – Firepower
Lil Silva – Seasons
Scratcha DVA – New World Order
Steve Gurley & Al Brown – Killin Me
Ital Tek – Moment In Blue (Ikonika Remix)
Modek – Mumps (French Fries Remix)
Jahcoozi – Read The Books (Ikonika Remix)
Ikonika - ???
Rox - My Baby Left Me (Arms Remix)
Seiji – Chekere
American Men - Claude Speed (Ikonika & Optimum Remix)
Ikonika & Optimum – Ampersand
Dikolous – Win or Lose
Endgames - Ecstasy (Jam City refix)
Four Tet – Sing (Mosca Remix)
Scuba – On Deck
DJ Deeon – Let Me Bang (Jam City Remix)
Egyptrixx – Everybody Bleeding
Ikonika – They Are All Losing The War
Menta – Sounds Of Da Future
Blaque Ivory – I Do (Phuturistix Mix)
Skream – Rottan
Kode9 – 9 Samurai

I liked this one a lot, it does a good job of mixing across a few related styles whilst still feeling coherent and keeping a consistent flow to the beats going, which is maybe something that was getting lost in some other recent mixes I was hearing (though not all of them obv). Also 1hr15 is a much nicer sort of length for non-live home-listening than most Ustream bits.

I think she's an amazing dj, has a real knack for finding tunes that really compliment each other, stuff that you think would really clash she makes work. I have no idea how she does it but it sounds fucking amazing

Fundamental

Fundamental: Future Sound Directory

Hi people,

Just wanted to get the word out that our website is now up and running. Fundamental is a UK based online magazine and web portal that exists to showcase the best in contemporary 2-step, garage and future music. Hopefully lots of the articles on the site will be ticking the right boxes for members of the forum who read this thread.

Also to celebrate the launch we have got a free 40 minute mix from Fundamental resident Sentinels which kicks off the Fundamental Mixology series. The mix includes tracks from Submerse, Dark Sky, Resketch, Sully, James Blake, Joy Orbison and more. It showcases the sort of music we will be covering on the site. For more information and to download check here

If you add us on Twitter we will keep you updated about everything future garage, 2-step and garage related. fundamental2012

THANK YOU.

25p6436.jpg

Fundamental

Free 60 minute modern 2-step mix from Submerse

<object height="81" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://soundcloud.com/fundamentalgarage/mixology-two"></param> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://soundcloud.com/fundamentalgarage/mixology-two" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href="">Mixology Two: Submerse</a> by <a href="http://soundcloud.com/fundamentalgarage">Fundamental</a></span>

Expect fresh dubplate Garage in the above from Night Audio, Submerse, Clueless, Pixelord, and Resketch (killing it right now).

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
Just to compliment what was said above about Ikonika's skills, she absolutely smashed it at the Hyperdub party in Spain last week, I felt pretty bad for Cooly G who had to go on after her. A great mix of dubstep, garage, house, ghetto house and juke with the crowd loving it every step of the way.

Ach!

Turd on the Run
Not sure if this fits here, or in Wonky, or wherever, but I love this right now:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

michael

Bring out the vacuum
I don't usually like that guy Machine Drum - seems lacking in his own voice - but Sepulcure are doing pretty enjoyable stuff I reckon.

Nobody mention that Sepulcure consists of two producers who have often been described as making "IDM". Oh wait, that was the James Blake thread where that argument was going on...

FairiesWearBoots

Dont even know if this should be this thread or dubstep, dont care

New Ramadanman mix

http://www.bestiblog.net/2010/06/bestimix-23-ramadanman.html

Cant get the fuckin DL link to work??!!!!:mad: anyone else help?

looks like a dope mix of old & new

Tracklisting:
01. kim english - nite life (remix) [nervous]
02. altered natives - crop duster [3024]
03. ramadanman - grab somebody [white]
04. unknown - untitled [unreleased]
05. martyn - miniluv [osgut ton]
06. distance - feel me [chestplate]
07. ramadanman - mir [white]
08. menta - snake charmer [road]
09. ramadanman - fall short [swamp 81]
10. distal - apple bottom [unreleased]
11. unknown - untitled [unreleased]
12. loefah - goat stare [dmz]
13. peverelist - better ways of living [punch drunk]
14. blawan - potchla vee [unreleased]
15. instramental - rift zone [unreleased]
16. ludacris vs joe - how low claptrap (dj orgasmic bootleg) [unreleased]
17. sx - wooo remix [digital]
18. addison groove - this girl [unreleased]
19. benga - one on one [big apple]
20. pariah - crossed out [forthcoming r&s]
21. sigha - light swells (in a distant space) [hotflush]

FairiesWearBoots

werd! also love the Woo riddim/glut refix that is being played right now (doubt it will come out but so amazing)

anyone catch Oneman & Loefah on live stream from the Boiler room last night? was dope